Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Random and Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=1436)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - P450 SWX - 02/07/2012 17:32

(02/07/2012 13:23)r411 xfl Wrote:  Had a quick visit to gillmoss depot yesterday.

what time was you ther me and my mate got there at 1530

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - r411 xfl - 02/07/2012 19:12

13.00 and left at 14.00

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - P450 SWX - 02/07/2012 22:45

So missed you by a hour and a half lol
There was another bus enthusiast signing out as me and my mate arrived so must have been a busy day for bus enthusiasts at Gillmoss on Sunday

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - R311 WVR - 03/07/2012 18:49

This saturday, Due to some change of plans, I will haing a day on the wirral, Covering Chester, Ellesmere Port, birkenhead ETC.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 03/07/2012 19:02

Today, I went out to ride on some Darts. I actually stuck to my plan for once - for most of the day, anyway! Here's what I rode on:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Bootle Strand Shopping Centre
Pulsar CX58 FZF (2924)
This bus wasn't very good. Everything on-board seemed to rattle and squeak - it generally felt like it was going to fall apart! The driver was a bit strange, too ("A child ticket - shouldn't you be in school?")... He was fast at times, though; the diversionary route between Ford and Bootle was very fun!

52A (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX59 JJU (3028)
After noticing the fast driver at the wheel (coincidentally, I seen him on this bus yesterday, too!), I decided to change onto this - bit of variety! This bus was in "slow mode" and has been in it for months now! The driver put his foot down all the way, as expected (no kickdown, though)! The ride-quality of the bus was better than 2924, however still quite bad!

12 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Stockbridge Village, Leach Croft
Marshall Capital V625 DVU (7625)
When I seen this, I decided to board it (as recommended by another forum-member!). I wasn't going to ride on it for long, however it was an excellent bus! Its' engine sounded great and the ride-quality was perfect for the majority of the way! The bus wasn't that fast off the line (average), however both drivers were fast - the second driver had his foot down all the way!

13 (ANW) - Stockbridge Village, Leach Croft > Queen Square Bus Station
Plaxton Pointer 2 X203 ANC (2203)
Coincidentally, I was waiting for whatever turned-up first and two buses turned up at once - this and a "slow" Pulsar 2. As my plan was to ride on Darts, I did so! This bus' engine sounded great, however the ride-quality wasn't very good. The bus got busy throughout my journey, however the driver, again, put his foot down for the majority of the way! The seat that I chose was padded slightly, as was the few besides it - excellent ride!

9 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Liverpool, London Road
ALX200 R310 CVU (2310)
A bus that I'd been hoping for - finally! When I boarded, I was shocked with the poor interior - as I was with sister-bus R313 CVU (2313). Despite the bus' engine sounding nice, the ride-quality wasn't very good and the bus was awfully slow - 15-20-MPH all the way up London Road! I never thought twice of wasting my time on it all the way to Huyton...

78 (ANW) - Liverpool, London Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Commander CX06 BJV (2595)
Finally, something modern - my style! Perfect bus! It sounded fantastic and it didn't rattle all the way! The driver was quite fast, too.

18 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, Muirhead Avenue
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWJ (3078)
As this was a Pulsar 2 that I hadn't sampled yet, I decided to board it (fast driver at the wheel, too!). There was a strange humming noise from the engine, particularly in idle. The bus was generally alright, though - not many rattles. The driver was very fast - kickdown... ONCE!

12 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWP (3062)
I was happy to see this bus! It was excellent - barely rattled and a smooth ride all the way, with a nice, fast driver at the wheel. The bus seemed to be faster-than-average off the line and it sounded fantastic! The driver used kickdown... ONCE (coincidental trend going on)!

300 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Old Roan, Ormskirk Road
Commander CX07 CPK (2624)
I couldn't resist a ride on this - been wanting another ride on it for a while now! The driver was very fast - kickdown all the way! The bus sounded fantastic! There was a horrible vibration in idle and, generally, the ride-quality wasn't fantastic - a shame from a unique bus! Still, not bad!

130 (Cumfybus) - Old Roan Interchange (bus station) > Netherton, Northern Perimeter Road
Solo M850 H16 CFY
Not much of a ride, due to the heavy traffic. It sounded alright, though - never had much of a chance to judge the ride-quality and so it'd be unfair of me to judge it stereotypically!

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - K853 MTJ - 03/07/2012 19:08

I have no money at all, but all the same I'm going to try and blag some from somewhere and try and head over to Runcorn and Birkenhead this week possibly with Kirkby thrown in between! If money and time allows I'll also try to photograph some school buses, particular the 1, 2 and 3 that run from Carmel College which is usually run by Hattons' Darts that are soon to be withdrawn!
Then on Sunday Im off to Keighley Festival of Transport, should be a good day! Smile

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - CX54 DKD - 03/07/2012 19:10

Don't quote me on this but I'm fairly certain that the school services from Carmel have ceased to operate for this academic year with the majority of students now not going in having finished exams.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - K853 MTJ - 03/07/2012 19:15

Your joking? Just my luck, thanks for the heads up CX54!
I'll try to venture out Thursday morning and see if the 2 operates to be sure. It passes not far from me and Im up and out early for the day anyway so it makes no difference to me! Would be nice to photograph at least one of the Marshall C37s (In particular M89 DEW) or R812 WJA before they are withdrawn, if not then I'll have to try and find another way (Staff shuttle buses for example!)

Thanks again mate!

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - CX54 DKD - 03/07/2012 19:24

I couldn't give you an exact time but they seem to operate some sort of bingo service (I suspect) of an afternoon which I noted last week (can't for the life of me remember the day though, sorry). Alternatively, as you say, you can catch them on staff bus services in the bus station of a Sunday.

RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - K853 MTJ - 03/07/2012 19:46

No worries mate. Thanks anyway Smile
I'll try to get a few hours in at St Helens and Prescot to try and hunt one of the C37s out at least.