Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Transport for Wales Rail - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Transport for Wales Rail (/showthread.php?tid=1410)

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - SK15 GZG - 02/11/2018 13:17

(02/11/2018 06:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  The all singing, all dancing TFW has more issues than Northern by the looks of things. All Chester - Manchester services tomorrow will terminate at Oxford Road (reducing the number of trains by 1), Llandudno - Blaenau Ffestiniog is not running (Llew Jones running rail reps). Wrexham - Bidston is down to 1 train as well with Pats Coaches supplying rail reps for services not running. Also it looks like 1 full train duty is off in South Wales.

I thought this new franchise was going to be amazing and faultless. At least ATW could run a flipping train service lol. I get trains need repairing etc but like I say, ATW coped well for a long time, 4 train duties is a lot to drop. There must be spares somewhere. ATW would have loaned off Northern. Given the Northern strikes, there will probably be loads of trains over there.

Improvements to rail franchises don't happen overnight. They take time to implement and new trains can take a long time to build. Northern's were ordered nearly two years ago and it's only now they're starting to arrive

Don't forget TfW Rail need to send units for PRM modifications and a 142 has been withdrawn earlier than planned due to a serious fault

Right now there aren't any spare DMUs anywhere. If there were then ATW/TfW Rail would have leased them

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - knutstransport - 02/11/2018 15:34

(02/11/2018 13:17)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Right now there aren't any spare DMUs anywhere. If there were then ATW/TfW Rail would have leased them

Despite that it's worth remembering a couple of months ago on a Northern strike day ATW managers would have been acting as guards on Northern Mid-Cheshire and Chat Moss services and Northern would have loaned 2 x 150/2s to ATW for the day for their own services. Yet everything's different now Arriva don't operate both franchises.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - iMarkeh - 02/11/2018 22:42

(02/11/2018 15:34)knutstransport Wrote:  Despite that it's worth remembering a couple of months ago on a Northern strike day ATW managers would have been acting as guards on Northern Mid-Cheshire and Chat Moss services and Northern would have loaned 2 x 150/2s to ATW for the day for their own services. Yet everything's different now Arriva don't operate both franchises.

I never knew about ATW managers running Mid Cheshire services but Northern units did quite often end up ATW services towards the end of the franchise.

@T42 PVM, ATW can't have had that many issues as they were always really good whenever I used their service. No issues. I have not known issues this bad anyway due to units being out of use.

@Y474 KNF, I fully agree, improvements don't happen overnight. It was more the case they made a big fuss about this franchise would be amazing and would solve the current issues putting passengers before profit and all that but there has been a drop in the service standard. At a bare minimum, I would expect the standard to remain the same or very similar (as obviously unexpected delays happen outside of the companies control).

Since my earlier post, it now appears there are staff shortages as well with the Bay Line being off between 16:42 and 19:22. Lots of other cancellations as well. 78 cancellations for tomorrow and 23 amendments.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - mikestone - 03/11/2018 10:59

The usual high season changes with the 09.40 Crewe-Chester running to Llandudno in place of the portion off the 08.50 Manchester-Holyhead has continued during the Autumn - in summer it allowed the 08.50 to be four cars through.
;
Has anyone noticed if that is still the case or is it running short throughout?

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - boby32 - 03/11/2018 12:02

(03/11/2018 10:59)mikestone Wrote:  The usual high season changes with the 09.40 Crewe-Chester running to Llandudno in place of the portion off the 08.50 Manchester-Holyhead has continued during the Autumn - in summer it allowed the 08.50 to be four cars through.
;
Has anyone noticed if that is still the case or is it running short throughout?

From December, the 0940 from Crewe to Llandudno will terminate at Chester (1D31) according to RTT. People travelling from Chester to Llandudno will have to take the 1003 service at Chester (1D93).

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - mikestone - 03/11/2018 19:58

That is what is booked now, but it has been changed weekly - at least one week it was either overlooked or a last minute decision as it was VSTP on the Monday.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - boby32 - 15/11/2018 15:29

Video of class 175 changing livery.

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2018/11/watch-behind-the-scenes-as-transport-for-wales-wrap-trains.html

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - DVG526 - 15/11/2018 17:17

(03/11/2018 19:58)mikestone Wrote:  That is what is booked now, but it has been changed weekly - at least one week it was either overlooked or a last minute decision as it was VSTP on the Monday.

The diagram changed due to the shortage of units. 1D31 used to stable after arrival in Chester until 1620 when it attached to 1H91. It now stays out on 1D93 to Llandudno. The rear portion of 1D33 now splits off at Chester and attaches to the 1130 Birmingham Int. Having said that things are very fluid at the moment due to a severe stock shortage.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - mikestone - 16/11/2018 11:45

Thanks.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - boby32 - 18/11/2018 21:13

According to Today's Railways, Transport for Wales will have four more class 769.