Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Transport for Wales Rail - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Other Transport (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Railways (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Transport for Wales Rail (/showthread.php?tid=1410)

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - DVG526 - 03/04/2019 09:31

(03/04/2019 09:03)boby32 Wrote:  Will these FIVE class 153s replace some of the class 150?

The additional 153s will displace 150s from Cardiff for the Liverpool service.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - YK53 GXO - 03/04/2019 13:33

(03/04/2019 06:49)iMarkeh Wrote:  This surely can't end well. The amount of people who don't understand the high level and low level platforms and those at Chester who just run for a Liverpool train ...

Merseyrail is even cheaper than the prices noted above off peak. It's something about £5 which is a day ticket.

Can't see how it's going to be that bad. Merseyrail are in the process of re-numbering their lower level platform at Lime St so it becomes 'Platform L'.

Not only that, throuought the majority of the day the TfW services depart at differing times to the Merseyrail services anyway.

Also, on the CIS system at Lime Street it will be programmed to display "Chester via Runcorn", so any passengers who do deceivingly get on the wrong train, then tough look I say.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - wirralbus - 03/04/2019 18:11

(03/04/2019 13:33)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Can't see how it's going to be that bad. Merseyrail are in the process of re-numbering their lower level platform at Lime St so it becomes 'Platform L'.

Not only that, throuought the majority of the day the TfW services depart at differing times to the Merseyrail services anyway.

Also, on the CIS system at Lime Street it will be programmed to display "Chester via Runcorn", so any passengers who do deceivingly get on the wrong train, then tough look I say.

I think its more likely to be at Chester that the problem will arise not Liverpool Lime Street.

I have heard on the grapevine that TfW are looking at Liverpool via Runcorn prices in the near future

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - iMarkeh - 03/04/2019 19:24

Chester will be a big issue. Lime Street as well from the fact that people go into the main station and the boards show Chester via Runcorn, there is no option for another direction.

Secondly, tickets will be a major one. I have a ticket from Chester to Liverpool, why can't I travel via Runcorn but I can travel via Hooton given they are the same time roughly end to end.

Liverpool will be easier to sort with the ticket checks and platforms being in completely different places. Chester is where the most issues will occur though.

There will be times where the Merseyrail will be in 7B and the TFW service in 7A. I don't think it is scheduled to happen admittedly but it could and almost certainly will happen at some point whether it be engineering or normal delays.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - boby32 - 04/04/2019 12:52

The new class 230 will go first on the Wrexham to Bidston route.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/take-look-new-trains-set-16066316

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - boby32 - 04/04/2019 20:12

Details about the new Chester-Liverpool service.

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/new-chester-liverpool-rail-service-16072332

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - YK53 GXO - 05/04/2019 04:02

(03/04/2019 19:24)iMarkeh Wrote:  Chester will be a big issue. Lime Street as well from the fact that people go into the main station and the boards show Chester via Runcorn, there is no option for another direction.

Secondly, tickets will be a major one. I have a ticket from Chester to Liverpool, why can't I travel via Runcorn but I can travel via Hooton given they are the same time roughly end to end.

Liverpool will be easier to sort with the ticket checks and platforms being in completely different places. Chester is where the most issues will occur though.

There will be times where the Merseyrail will be in 7B and the TFW service in 7A. I don't think it is scheduled to happen admittedly but it could and almost certainly will happen at some point whether it be engineering or normal delays.

Chester runs the same CIS system so again, so they should be able to similarly display Liverpool Lime St via Runcorn.

Bar one on a Saturday morning, the TfW Lime Street services are booked into Chester's bay platforms P5/6. Platform Alterations happen less than you might think.

Also I believe a new small departure screen is to be installed shortly at Lime Street, in the top left corner of the main departure boards, for 'Merseyrail Only' services, and will subsequently direct passengers to the lower level. Albeit whether is will cause more or less confusion is yet to be found out.

At the end of the day, what's the solution? Not introduce the service entirely because one or two people might get on the wrong train? I don't think so...

There's plenty of buses out there that run the same place via different route and people manage on them. Just.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - iMarkeh - 05/04/2019 14:51

(05/04/2019 04:02)YK53 GXO Wrote:  Chester runs the same CIS system so again, so they should be able to similarly display Liverpool Lime Street via Runcorn.

Bar one on a Saturday morning, the TfW Lime Street services are booked into Chester's bay platforms P5/6. Platform Alterations happen less than you might think.

Also I believe a new small departure screen is to be installed shortly at Lime Street, in the top left corner of the main departure boards, for 'Merseyrail Only' services, and will subsequently direct passengers to the lower level. Albeit whether is will cause more or less confusion is yet to be found out.

At the end of the day, what's the solution? Not introduce the service entirely because one or two people might get on the wrong train? I don't think so...

There's plenty of buses out there that run the same place via different route and people manage on them. Just.
Those of us who know the railway, this will be fine. I don't think the CIS will make any difference. It will be a case of I have a ticket from Chester to Liverpool, why can't it be used going both ways. That is unless they change the tickets so that it is similar to London where tickets show '[Operator] services only'.

Another big issue will be the saveways and Merseyrail/travel tickets. They are valid for the end to end stations but not via the route (if that makes sense). Chester and Lime Street and South PWay are all in the Saveway zone but you can't (or at least in theory you shouldn't be able to) travel via Runcorn.

The CIS thing showing 'via' will not make much difference unless the ticket specify via routes. I think the Lime Street 'low level' CIS will be both beneficial and a hindrance.

Anyone travelling to intermediate stations on either route will be fine. It would only be those travelling Chester to Lime Street.

The solution would be to have the same fares both via Runcorn and via Hooton and allow Merseytravel tickets for journeys from Parkway to Chester (just as long as you don't alight at intermediate stops). 0 issues then.

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - N271CKB - 05/04/2019 21:43

No trains between Shotton and Bidston next week

http://www.deeside.com/shotton-to-bidston-rail-line-will-close-on-sunday-for-a-full-week/

RE: Transport for Wales Rail - Metroline1511 - 06/04/2019 17:34

(04/04/2019 12:52)boby32 Wrote:  The new class 230 will go first on the Wrexham to Bidston route.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/take-look-new-trains-set-16066316

This is good as we can use our Merseytravel Saveaways on it between Bidston and Heswall.

I understand these will enter service before the end of the year.