Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
MP Travel - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MP Travel (/showthread.php?tid=1370)

RE: MP Travel - Valandil - 17/01/2021 22:36

(16/01/2021 18:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  We will have to wait and see what MP has up their sleeves. Hopefully it gets worked out that 35 minutes layover every 2 hours is quite excessive and really reduces the viability of the service overall.

Yes, since it would be costly to transfer to/from other buses in Runcorn, hopefully the X1 can use some of that time to serve a few more places in Runcorn, like a loop of the busway.
It could help current/past passengers to keep using the service instead of going for what would be Arriva's cheaper (because you wouldn't need multiple tickets) but much longer options.

RE: MP Travel - iMarkeh - 17/01/2021 23:33

(17/01/2021 22:36)Valandil Wrote:  Yes, since it would be costly to transfer to/from other buses in Runcorn, hopefully the X1 can use some of that time to serve a few more places in Runcorn, like a loop of the busway.
It could help current/past passengers to keep using the service instead of going for what would be Arriva's cheaper (because you wouldn't need multiple tickets) but much longer options.
It sounds mad but I think I would consider maybe missing out Old Town. From my observations, usage was limited between Halton Lea and Old Town so that whole diversion has to pay for itself just using the old town stop. Instead, using the 14A routing (off the gateway, through Castlefields to Halton Lea then around the busway to Windmill Hill), you end up picking up a lot of the passing trade on the busway which is generally very busy. Castlefields itself does well for passengers. (Based on very basic estimates, you could be taking 10 minutes off the journey to Halton Lea. That time (plus a few minutes from layover) is then moved onto the busway extension to Windmill Hill. I would like to see a loop of the busway but I think you are playing with fire there. Reliability can be sketchy at times already and doing a loop would mean no layover, just padding which isn't ideal for such a variable route.

I don't know, I do hope that MP can make it a success but I think it's fair to say that if it's kept as it is right now, it won't be viable. Something major needs to change on the service if it has a chance of making decent money. What that major change is, there are a few options but it's upto MP to evaluate and see what can work and it depends on what patronage looks like for all areas.

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 18/01/2021 20:39

The new commercial X1 service has been registered as PC2026017/1.

Registered under MP TRAVEL GROUP LTD (PC2026017), I was originally looking for GARRETH MCALLISTER-PARTRIDGE & LOUIS MCALLISTER-PARTRIDGE/MP TRAVEL (PC1145921).

Seems like they're going under this name with new services going forward.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/568848/

RE: MP Travel - NathanR - 19/01/2021 10:20

Bussy Galore is on the X1 today!

RE: MP Travel - Mrboo - 19/01/2021 11:26

(19/01/2021 10:20)NathanR Wrote:  Bussy Galore is on the X1 today!
I would say never Bing Search Bussy Galore with safe Search off

on other Note don`t think Stagecoach be happy with their megabus branding in use in Liverpool on a Arriva service so doing think it be on route for long as it has to be that or no bus. even know if does not say Stagecoach on it.

RE: MP Travel - mptravel - 19/01/2021 18:19

(19/01/2021 11:26)Mrboo Wrote:  I would say never Bing Search Bussy Galore with safe Search off

on other Note don`t think Stagecoach be happy with their megabus branding in use in Liverpool on a Arriva service so doing think it be on route for long as it has to be that or no bus. even know if does not say Stagecoach on it.

Stagecoach are fully aware that this vehicle operates anything I want it too... End of the day it is still advertising megabus.

However, I mean I did send a picture of it on the X1 to the management at Stagecoach earlier, if you feel you think it shouldn't be, I can give you their email.

Its been on 3 x now, even Arriva aware its been on. It spent all day on it today, nice treat for some passengers and the drivers. Smile

RE: MP Travel - mptravel - 19/01/2021 18:33

Hi all,

Have noticed a lot of comments about the X1 and us taking this over. It should be well known with the long standing Halton enthusiasts in particular that theX1 used to be a very popular service.

Hopefully when the pandemic is clearer, we are aiming to bring the service back to life. In time there will be some service change announcements.We also have a route branding name for it, am sure has already been noticed. Which will be applied to vehicles in due course.

G16 is due for repaint into fleet colours, whilst this is off, there will be a mix of vehicles covering it. Mainly a ex GNE Scania Omnicity and/or Panther LE which is coming back.

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 19/01/2021 20:23

(19/01/2021 18:33)mptravel Wrote:  Hi all,

Have noticed a lot of comments about the X1 and us taking this over. It should be well known with the long standing Halton enthusiasts in particular that theX1 used to be a very popular service.

Hopefully when the pandemic is clearer, we are aiming to bring the service back to life. In time there will be some service change announcements.We also have a route branding name for it, am sure has already been noticed. Which will be applied to vehicles in due course.

G16 is due for repaint into fleet colours, whilst this is off, there will be a mix of vehicles covering it. Mainly a ex GNE Scania Omnicity and/or Panther LE which is coming back.

Looking forward to a hopefully bright future for the X1!

RE: MP Travel - thomasl1231 - 19/01/2021 22:07

(19/01/2021 18:19)mptravel Wrote:  Stagecoach are fully aware that this vehicle operates anything I want it too... End of the day it is still advertising megabus.

However, I mean I did send a picture of it on the X1 to the management at Stagecoach earlier, if you feel you think it shouldn't be, I can give you their email.

Its been on 3 x now, even Arriva aware its been on. It spent all day on it today, nice treat for some passengers and the drivers. Smile

There’s always 1 isn’t there, again, if only there was a like button on here Big Grin

RE: MP Travel - Nwales Bus - 21/01/2021 13:33

Mp Travel have announced on Facebook the prices of their weekly X1 tickets

£12.00 Adult
£7.50 Child