Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
MP Travel - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MP Travel (/showthread.php?tid=1370)

RE: MP Travel - Mrboo - 08/01/2021 23:24

Well does the X1 has to be 3 each hour off peak then if it low numbers. They can tender off peak if case was they wanted it run. no one is forced to run trips you can just take the trips that pay there way.

RE: MP Travel - Barney - 09/01/2021 09:48

(08/01/2021 23:24)Mrboo Wrote:  Well does the X1 has to be 3 each hour off peak then if it low numbers. They can tender off peak if case was they wanted it run. no one is forced to run trips you can just take the trips that pay there way.

During this pandemic, I doubt whether many routes are "paying their way." Bus operators across the country are currently being given huge state subsidies - courtesy of the taxpayer - to continue to run unprofitable services.

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 14/01/2021 14:45

Great news that MPT will continue running the X1 commercially.

I’m assuming they’ll also be running the Merseytravel contract?

https://twitter.com/arrivanorthwest/status/1349655116702478337?s=21

RE: MP Travel - T42 PVM - 14/01/2021 14:55

I do wonder how well used it will be once Arriva Tickets are no longer accepted, A lot of people use other Arriva Services like the 1&2 to connect with the X1 which would add extra costs for those traveling

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 14/01/2021 14:59

(14/01/2021 14:55)T42 PVM Wrote:  I do wonder how well used it will be once Arriva Tickets are no longer accepted, A lot of people use other Arriva Services like the 1&2 to connect with the X1 which would add extra costs for those traveling

I can already sense the tension, with one person already querying the validity of their Arriva ticket.

If Merseytravel are anywhere near as generous on this contract as they are with the 500, they’ll probably have a ‘grace period’ where they’ll temporarily accept Arriva passes due to short notice.

RE: MP Travel - T42 PVM - 14/01/2021 15:01

(14/01/2021 14:59)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I can already sense the tension, with one person already querying the validity of their Arriva ticket.

If Merseytravel are anywhere near as generous on this contract as they are with the 500, they’ll probably have a ‘grace period’ where they’ll temporarily accept Arriva passes due to short notice.

The X1 will be Commercial from the 24th tho so no longer anything to do with Merseytravel in that regard

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 14/01/2021 15:02

(14/01/2021 15:01)T42 PVM Wrote:  The X1 will be Commercial from the 24th tho so no longer anything to do with Merseytravel in that regard

Oh right sorry, didn’t realise

RE: MP Travel - knutstransport - 14/01/2021 15:54

(14/01/2021 14:59)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I can already sense the tension, with one person already querying the validity of their Arriva ticket.

I think in general operators should be willing to refund season tickets if someone purchased one for the purpose of travelling on one route and the operator ceases to operate that route.

I hope both Arriva and MP clearly advertise any changes to ticketing arrangements on buses and in other relevant places, otherwise the drivers working for the first day of the commercial service will have a tough day.

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 14/01/2021 16:20

(14/01/2021 15:54)knutstransport Wrote:  I think in general operators should be willing to refund season tickets if someone purchased one for the purpose of travelling on one route and the operator ceases to operate that route.

I hope both Arriva and MP clearly advertise any changes to ticketing arrangements on buses and in other relevant places, otherwise the drivers working for the first day of the commercial service will have a tough day.

I agree with you there.

It’s a pity Merseytravel’s full range doesn’t cover the Halton area, as this would dilute the problem so that residents could still use the Runcorn locals operated by Arriva.

I myself am an Arriva season ticket holder, so I will no longer be able to use the X1 without paying for another ticket. Though I’ll do this anyway given how convenient the service is.

RE: MP Travel - mptravel - 14/01/2021 17:23

(14/01/2021 15:54)knutstransport Wrote:  I think in general operators should be willing to refund season tickets if someone purchased one for the purpose of travelling on one route and the operator ceases to operate that route.

We have placed notices on all the bus stops and will be online that we no longer accept arriva's passes.