Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
MP Travel - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: MP Travel (/showthread.php?tid=1370)

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 05/12/2020 17:51

(05/12/2020 16:52)ant17612 Wrote:  Seems Saturday shoppers have made a bus on the X1 very full! I wonder which one... Comments have been made about it in the past on here by numerous people and they've been denied the truth. The Enviro200 MMC is clearly not suitable for the route, well maybe sometimes but definitely not today!

As much as I love that pocket rocket, I’ve found it amusing how small it looks next to the standard EVs in L1. Here’s where the President comes in handy!

RE: MP Travel - ant17612 - 05/12/2020 18:27

(05/12/2020 17:51)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  As much as I love that pocket rocket, I’ve found it amusing how small it looks next to the standard EVs in L1. Here’s where the President comes in handy!

It's the first major day for Xmas shopping. And with going into Tier 2 Did they not expect passenger numbers to increase?

RE: MP Travel - Mrboo - 05/12/2020 23:13

Depends what Arriva has paid for. if they paid for a big bus, they get the big bus. if not, you stick to your 20 or so passenger's not MP issue.

Would you run a big bus if you had to pay for the fuel you run the bus that cost the less for the terms of contract as maybee fix fee terms.

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 05/12/2020 23:13

(05/12/2020 18:27)ant17612 Wrote:  It's the first major day for Xmas shopping. And with going into Tier 2 Did they not expect passenger numbers to increase?

I’m in agreement with you, and honestly I don’t know why larger buses weren’t used, apart from in evenings where there are low bridges on the extended route through to Castlefields. Maybe I’m just naïve, but definitely would have thought this would be the perfect opportunity for the President to stretch its legs

RE: MP Travel - Mrboo - 06/12/2020 00:36

(05/12/2020 23:13)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  I’m in agreement with you, and honestly I don’t know why larger buses weren’t used, apart from in evenings where there are low bridges on the extended route through to Castlefields. Maybe I’m just naïve, but definitely would have thought this would be the perfect opportunity for the President to stretch its legs
And then a Rail Replacement job comes in and pays well and the President is on a job that makes no more money for MP then what they are putting out. (if they are on fix term and not fare share)

RE: MP Travel - Liamkennedy2231 - 06/12/2020 01:27

(06/12/2020 00:36)Mrboo Wrote:  And then a Rail Replacement job comes in and pays well and the President is on a job that makes no more money for MP then what they are putting out. (if they are on fix term and not fare share)

Given the current circumstances, it would be unlikely to need a double decker for most rail replacement services

RE: MP Travel - Mrboo - 06/12/2020 01:52

(06/12/2020 01:27)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Given the current circumstances, it would be unlikely to need a double decker for most rail replacement services
they can only be used at 50% so a standard coach can carry about 22 - 25 passengers so a decker can carry about 35 passenger's. not big numbers and at end of year currently as it stands, we can't use non PSVAR Compliant coaches. So service buses or ex NX coaches are going to be only things that can go on Rail Replacement. I have had to find 25 coaches before now for Rail Replacement emergency work. Last week Stagecoach called me out to run Metrolink Rail replacement for evening peak. at Trafford Bar, but I was not about to help them. They would of needed about 15 decker's for Trafford bar to East Didsbury so as you can see you can get jobs at any point. first time in 2 years Stagecoach called me out for Metrolink as I cover LNER for them

RE: MP Travel - knutstransport - 06/12/2020 10:05

(06/12/2020 01:27)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Given the current circumstances, it would be unlikely to need a double decker for most rail replacement services

You don't know what service is going to need a last minute rail replacement bus. A saloon may be fine to replace the 15:02 Airport to Piccadilly if there was an issue on that line, given the low number of airport passengers. On the other hand even if a decker is used on a weekday 15:02 Chester to Manchester it won't be able to convey all the St Nicholas and Hartford High pupils waiting at Greenbank. I don't think any bus or train operators know which line will have a signalling failure, track defect, fire, broken down train etc. in advance.

Loadings on weekend services will be unpredictable at the moment, it might be a lot of people going Christmas shopping will think that by doing it on Sunday they'll avoid the crowds, which won't work if lots of people try it. Also, worth remembering some football grounds can now accept up to 2,000 spectators. For Liverpool that won't make much difference to train loadings, given those 2,000 people won't all travel by train and those who do will be on various different trains but if Bolton can start accepts spectators in a couple of weeks time there could well be a very busy train leaving Horwich Parkway for Bolton after a Bolton match.

RE: MP Travel - ant17612 - 06/12/2020 11:30

(06/12/2020 01:52)Mrboo Wrote:  they can only be used at 50% so a standard coach can carry about 22 - 25 passengers so a decker can carry about 35 passenger's. not big numbers and at end of year currently as it stands, we can't use non PSVAR Compliant coaches. So service buses or ex NX coaches are going to be only things that can go on Rail Replacement. I have had to find 25 coaches before now for Rail Replacement emergency work. Last week Stagecoach called me out to run Metrolink Rail replacement for evening peak. at Trafford Bar, but I was not about to help them. They would of needed about 15 decker's for Trafford bar to East Didsbury so as you can see you can get jobs at any point. first time in 2 years Stagecoach called me out for Metrolink as I cover LNER for them

That MMC was closer to 75% yesterday on the X1

RE: MP Travel - Mrboo - 06/12/2020 11:54

(06/12/2020 11:30)ant17612 Wrote:  That MMC was closer to 75% yesterday on the X1
Service work will be down to MP/Arriva with their Risk Assessment. But with rail the Risk Assessment is that you can`t use more than 50% of the seats and no standing. that is what the TOC has told Arriva / ARR / First travel solutions who book the buses / coaches for the TOC. But limits of passenger's are not law