Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva Strike - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva Strike (/showthread.php?tid=1347)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Arriva Strike - mikestone - 30/10/2017 18:21

(30/10/2017 10:17)knutstransport Wrote:  More Winsford depot services operating this time but Southport depot is only operating P&R services again: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/Floating/strike-update-page/#59f6f43036ad9

Are Winsford drivers perhaps in the RMT being succesors of Crosville depot?

RE: Arriva Strike - knutstransport - 30/10/2017 18:39

(30/10/2017 18:21)mikestone Wrote:  Are Winsford drivers perhaps in the RMT being succesors of Crosville depot?

Winsford will have been a mishmash by the time it's been a North Western depot, an Arriva North West depot and an Arriva Midlands North depot and with Nova Scotia drivers joining, as well as some of the Star Line Travel drivers joining following takeovers. Then they'll likely have been some ex-GHA drivers joining recently.

RE: Arriva Strike - mtl97 - 30/10/2017 22:35

Winsford depot opened under north western replacing northwich, crewe depot was midland red then arriva midlands north & was transferred along with Macclesfield to arriva north west, crewe along with Macclesfield have since been closed but macc now outstation of winsford, i know recently arriva recruited new drivers at macc for 130 transfer plus if there are ex gha drivers at arriva they might be worried about striking after the way they lost their jobs when gha collapsed

RE: Arriva Strike - WAITING FOR THE 437 - 31/10/2017 08:23

Does anyone know roughly how much revenue is lost each strike day by Arriva? I'm assuming Monday's hits the most as most weekly passes are renewed on a Monday. Secondly how much is each driver down per strike day? You will probably find that even if the drivers and maintenance staff get what they have been asking for, they will still be down considering lost income. No-one wins with a strike. Including the public.

RE: Arriva Strike - MPTE1955 - 31/10/2017 08:48

Strikes are more about long term than short and not being pushed around by management. If you just lay down and take it then they will walk all over you. I do speak from experience although not this industry. It's true that you probably lose out on the extra percentage short term but not long.

RE: Arriva Strike - Barney - 31/10/2017 09:12

(31/10/2017 08:48)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Strikes are more about long term than short and not being pushed around by management. If you just lay down and take it then they will walk all over you. I do speak from experience although not this industry. It's true that you probably lose out on the extra percentage short term but not long.

As Harpo Marx once said during the filming of A Night at the Opera: "It is a constant struggle between Capital (owners/management) and Labour (the workers). Nothing will ever change."

RE: Arriva Strike - knutstransport - 31/10/2017 12:29

(30/10/2017 22:35)mtl97 Wrote:  Winsford depot opened under north western replacing northwich, crewe depot was midland red then arriva midlands north & was transferred along with Macclesfield to arriva north west, crewe along with Macclesfield have since been closed but macc now outstation of winsford, i know recently arriva recruited new drivers at macc for 130 transfer plus if there are ex gha drivers at arriva they might be worried about striking after the way they lost their jobs when gha collapsed

I remember at one point central Cheshire services became Arriva Midlands North before going back to Arriva North West again. I thought it related to Arriva deciding it was easiest to change Winsford (or maybe Northwich if it was still open) to Arriva Midlands North following the acquisition of Stevensons by Arriva Midlands North. However, they changed back to Arriva North West a year or two later.

RE: Arriva Strike - Olympian - 31/10/2017 20:12

(30/10/2017 18:21)mikestone Wrote:  Are Winsford drivers perhaps in the RMT being succesors of Crosville depot?

I was speaking to a Winsford driver yesterday and he said about half of there drivers are working and that they're a mix of non-union drivers and unite members who do not want to strike. Apparently Winsford & Macclesfield depots have a seperate pay agreement and will gain nothing from the dispute so see no reason to strike, some are even coming out of the union as a result.

RE: Arriva Strike - iMarkeh - 01/11/2017 03:54

Isn't the strike to bring all the pay up to one number rather than everyone having different pay?

RE: Arriva Strike - WAITING FOR THE 437 - 06/11/2017 08:39

Does anyone know if any talks have taken place between the management of Arriva NW and the unions since the last strike. Or indeed when the last talks took place. It's starting to reach the point where is a no win for either party.