Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 126th street - 21/11/2013 21:19

Rapid acceleration is frowned upon by all operators who install telematics systems into vehicles and monitor drivers' performance and fuel efficiency. They're not going to tune a bus up just so drivers can then hurtle away from stops and burn too much fuel doing so.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 22/11/2013 11:50

Aye very true, its just a few of the drivers have complained about em having snail like accleration, but once they get going majority of em aren't too bad.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - R311 WVR - 22/11/2013 17:18

(22/11/2013 11:50)33109 Wrote:  Aye very true, its just a few of the drivers have complained about em having snail like accleration, but once they get going majority of em aren't too bad.

A few still have the London emmisions thing on, (4156, 4050 and 4099 are the ones) but 4143...Suprisingly doesn't! It's just generally not fast!

Not seen 3615 out all this week or last week, May just be a coincidence, or it could of rang the death bells!

2614 and 2613 have repainted back ends, and (I think!) Are P&P's inside!

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - motormayhem - 22/11/2013 18:42

Well st helens have just had work done on 4014 and i must say the stuff they have done as made it rapid as its had new injectors,new turbo and fuel pump as this had the go slow syndrome and now its one of the fastest DLA's ive driven.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 23/11/2013 19:26

Why haven't the centros had an interior refresh yet? All other buses have had the seats re-trimmed in the new blue cloth but yet centros ain't had it for some reason???

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - BHA - 24/11/2013 07:41

3615 alive and well! Saw it yesterday evening about 1825 on Crewe Road,Nantwich Crewe-bound on the 84. From the timing it may well have been on Chester working but I am not sure, more likely a short to Nantwich only.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - R311 WVR - 24/11/2013 10:31

Deckers do work the Chesters on a saturday not, So could be either! Nice to see it still running though!

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 28/11/2013 16:30

Today 4061 failed at top end of station road at approx 14:45 near the train station. The driver had gotten reports apparently from a passenger on the way into sandbach that there was a strong smell of diesel inside the bus, was fairly strong so driver checked it etc etc then was told by the depot to proceed to wharton where 4061 should've been swopped however never got that far!

On station road it failed with low air pressure & subsequently the brakes were locked on so it was unmovable totally, fitter who turned up to try sorting it out looked really thoroughlly hacked off but then again can't blame him when they've gotta work on the dlas haha!!!

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - R311 WVR - 28/11/2013 18:57

(28/11/2013 16:30)33109 Wrote:  Today 4061 failed at top end of station road at approx 14:45 near the train station. The driver had gotten reports apparently from a passenger on the way into sandbach that there was a strong smell of diesel inside the bus, was fairly strong so driver checked it etc etc then was told by the depot to proceed to wharton where 4061 should've been swopped however never got that far!

On station road it failed with low air pressure & subsequently the brakes were locked on so it was unmovable totally, fitter who turned up to try sorting it out looked really thoroughlly hacked off but then again can't blame him when they've gotta work on the dlas haha!!!

I was on the duty behind it, We had to get all passengers on to our failing bus (4012!)
It seem to hold at around 10mph, then quickley accelerate at normal speed!

4061 was smoking a lot when my bus got there though, So they may of tried turning it on, but the smoke didn't look healthy!

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 29/11/2013 12:16

Trust me it wasn't chief! Fitter revved it up & there was a s**t load of smoke from the back end, suggesting its pretty screwed, if i'd have known ya were on the following duty i'd have waited at sandbach 4 you. Nxt time ur out n bout lemme know, wud b gd meet a fellow basher local to me.