Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - BenWilks88 - 15/02/2021 21:41

(15/02/2021 18:17)Depotosw Wrote:  I saw 4421 at Caego (Wrexham depot) in the later part of 2020 looking sorry for itself so perhaps it could still be there.

Interesting, i will try & get a look tomorrow. lets do hope it can go back on the road as a late MOT can happen as it did happen to 5004 this year.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - BenWilks88 - 18/02/2021 16:53

Should've mentioned this a week ago but 2549 is here.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 13/03/2021 10:49

Arriva are currently operating a S29 duplicate service between Over, St John's Gardens and John Deanes on college days, with a note that standard Arriva fares apply but only college pupils are allowed to travel on the S29.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - NathanR - 24/03/2021 11:00

Any idea what is going on with 2500 please?

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - BenWilks88 - 24/03/2021 11:06

(24/03/2021 11:00)NathanR Wrote:  Any idea what is going on with 2500 please?

Most likely on Work in the Depot or elsewhere.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - NathanR - 24/03/2021 17:19

(24/03/2021 11:06)BenWilks88 Wrote:  Most likely on Work in the Depot or elsewhere.

It has been confirmed that 2500 is going for scrap due to unrepairable RTA damage.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 24/03/2021 18:01

Chatting with an arriva driver mate I know based at macc today.

He reckons within the next 12 months or so arriva are looking to maybe ditch their operations in macclesfield.

So possible list of companies who maybe interested:

Stagecoach - Apparently ain't bothered being out of their area.

D&G Or High Peak - Either of this pair seem favourite I think to takeover.

Think gradually arriva are looking to wind down certain areas of their UK bus market such as they did with cannock & sold up.

Thoughts anyone???

Right now I think it's all a bit up in the air as a lot will depend on how much if anything cheshire east are willing to subsidise anything if at all.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 25/03/2021 09:43

(24/03/2021 18:01)33109 Wrote:  Chatting with an arriva driver mate I know based at macc today.

He reckons within the next 12 months or so arriva are looking to maybe ditch their operations in macclesfield.

So possible list of companies who maybe interested:

Stagecoach - Apparently ain't bothered being out of their area.

D&G Or High Peak - Either of this pair seem favourite I think to takeover.

Think gradually arriva are looking to wind down certain areas of their UK bus market such as they did with cannock & sold up.

Thoughts anyone???

Right now I think it's all a bit up in the air as a lot will depend on how much if anything cheshire east are willing to subsidise anything if at all.

Depends what 'ditch' means.

Would Arriva try and sell the Macclesfield outstation and it's operations or just close it and let other operators do whatever they want in response?

Would it involve dropping the 38 which runs to Crewe or retaining that route?

Are there any contracted routes involved?

Would operators be interested in part replacements on a commercial basis (a la the High Peak 14 which is a shortened route compared to what it previously was because they could run a shortened journey without needing additional vehicles, over what they would use anyway)?

If operators aren't interested in replacing commercial routes on a commercial basis would Cheshire East put them out to tender or would they look at options for avoiding another contract e.g. a revision of an existing contracted service to be re-routed or extended?

I think High Peak and D&G avoid bidding against each other. High Peak were in Macc first but they've always avoided running late services in Cheshire East. High Peak also handed the 300 over to D&G when they stopped running the 27, despite it not really fitting in with D&G's operating area at the time either.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 29/03/2021 18:29

Noticed today that the deckers have started reappearing on 38 duties. Presume it's got a load busier since schools etc went back.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mpte2028 - 19/05/2021 20:13

Ex London Enviro 400, T55 LJ08CYH has transferred here and is numbered 4699. One of the Sapphire spec Enviro400's will now transfer to Rhyl.