Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - BD51 YCT - 23/01/2021 19:00

(23/01/2021 13:12)knutstransport Wrote:  https://bustimes.org/vehicles/192968?date=2021-01-23#journeys/101416011 (I'm presuming the bus ran on the roads, despite the tracking making it appear like it bulldozed through houses to take a short cut.)

Bustimes is not as useful as you may think mate. It ain't a god

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 24/01/2021 09:59

(23/01/2021 19:00)ScottDeclan224 Wrote:  Bustimes is not as useful as you may think mate. It ain't a god

I'm well aware GPS can be slightly out but it looks like it because the bus must have gone on a dual carriage with a 70mph speed limit and without bus stops that it plotted points quite a distance from one another and then then just joined the dots.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Liamkennedy2231 - 24/01/2021 12:37

(24/01/2021 09:59)knutstransport Wrote:  I'm well aware GPS can be slightly out but it looks like it because the bus must have gone on a dual carriage with a 70mph speed limit and without bus stops that it plotted points quite a distance from one another and then then just joined the dots.

If you’ve used the Arriva app to track a bus, you’ll notice how a bus will be in one position, but the next it’s suddenly jumped down the road. It’s just down to the fact that the ticket machine doesn’t constantly report it’s position like a standard GPS would for example. So yeah your right there in saying the map just joins the dots

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - wirralbus - 24/01/2021 14:43

Im not up with these ticket machine that have GPS built in to them , would a machine its position after every ticket issue or say every 60 /120 seconds .

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - iMarkeh - 24/01/2021 17:41

I don't know what the dots mean but they aren't logical. The '>' arrow is that matters. That is the GPS points when it has tracked (and a time given for when the bus was tracking at that point). The dots between seem to just be put in at random as they aren't on the road some of the time and there is no consistent space between them so it's a bit strange.

Only focus on the '>' points though as they are the markers for where the bus has tracked with the GPS.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - BD51 YCT - 25/01/2021 11:49

(24/01/2021 17:41)iMarkeh Wrote:  I don't know what the dots mean but they aren't logical. The '>' arrow is that matters. That is the GPS points when it has tracked (and a time given for when the bus was tracking at that point). The dots between seem to just be put in at random as they aren't on the road some of the time and there is no consistent space between them so it's a bit strange.

Only focus on the '>' points though as they are the markers for where the bus has tracked with the GPS.

The dots are every minute of travel whilst doing a service mate.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - iMarkeh - 25/01/2021 17:09

(25/01/2021 11:49)ScottDeclan224 Wrote:  The dots are every minute of travel whilst doing a service mate.
But they don't reflect the actual position of the bus which is a bit odd. I can see what you mean though, I'm looking at an X30 and the dots do look like they are at 0 seconds past each minute but they don't make sense still as it leads to the above confusion where it looks like a service is going through housing rather than just a line linking up tracking points.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Liamkennedy2231 - 26/01/2021 14:59

(25/01/2021 17:09)iMarkeh Wrote:  But they don't reflect the actual position of the bus which is a bit odd. I can see what you mean though, I'm looking at an X30 and the dots do look like they are at 0 seconds past each minute but they don't make sense still as it leads to the above confusion where it looks like a service is going through housing rather than just a line linking up tracking points.

The chevrons represent actual tracking locations. I think the dots may be used as a scale of distance.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - BenWilks88 - 14/02/2021 20:53

4421 a long absentee from the fleet i've done some quick looks & found out the MOT expired in September, after checking through threads, the latest news i heard about it is in this thread from Efan Thomas in post #2111 with the quote of this:

(22/06/2020 19:23)efanmthomas Wrote:  4490 now back from Derby after a fresh repaint, so it must be awaiting to get picked up to go to Rhyl.

In Derby for repaint also are

Another news 4421 has had a second repaint this time by Derby.

I might still be in Derby with like faults or something i just do not know. I'm cannot go to Winsford Depot because of lockdown & my only chances were before the lockdown but i was stuck with a knee injury so i couldn't go as it took months to recover.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Depotosw - 15/02/2021 18:17

(14/02/2021 20:53)BenWilks88 Wrote:  4421 a long absentee from the fleet i've done some quick looks & found out the MOT expired in September, after checking through threads, the latest news i heard about it is in this thread from Efan Thomas in post #2111 with the quote of this:

I might still be in Derby with like faults or something i just do not know. I'm cannot go to Winsford Depot because of lockdown & my only chances were before the lockdown but i was stuck with a knee injury so i couldn't go as it took months to recover.

I saw 4421 at Caego (Wrexham depot) in the later part of 2020 looking sorry for itself so perhaps it could still be there.