Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 20/12/2018 18:20

The decker on the Weaverham runs was replaced by a Mellor by 5pm.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 20/12/2018 18:20

Any updates from winsford?

Been no proper detailed updates from winsford since dave cope (aka copey on the forum) stopped posting stuff. 1 thing I've noticed is that macc seem to have loads of new drivers, I can't keep up with the number of new faces.

Winsford likewise seem to have got some new drivers too, some younger blood at last over there. Replaced some of their older mega grouchy drivers!

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - T42 PVM - 20/12/2018 18:21

Very little seems to happen at Winsford/Macc so be very little to report

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 20/12/2018 18:24

Yep true, is the rumour still doing the rounds about DB possibly wanting to sell arriva UK?

Heard a few months back off a guy I know from manchester said they might possibly sell their UK bus operations. A fair few of us would be happy to see the back of them tbh I think.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - T42 PVM - 20/12/2018 18:41

Theres always some sort of rumor doing its rounds but this one would not surprise me

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 20/12/2018 20:18

Don't think tbh it'd surprise anyone if they sold up. People are fed up to the very back teeth with arriva these days.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mr t - 20/12/2018 21:44

(20/12/2018 18:24)33109 Wrote:  Yep true, is the rumour still doing the rounds about DB possibly wanting to sell arriva UK?

Heard a few months back off a guy I know from manchester said they might possibly sell their UK bus operations. A fair few of us would be happy to see the back of them tbh I think.

It as in the press last month they want to sell 40%

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 20/12/2018 23:35

mr t - Have you get the link to the article?

40% I'd assume means they'll probably sell off particular regions. From what I can gather the general consensus in macclesfield seems to be that people wouldn't care if arriva left.

In macclesfield they only run 10 routes, dunno who'd take over but generally speaking people have had enough of late running buses & a company that don't seem to care.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mr t - 20/12/2018 23:50

40% as in a whole chunk of the company not just depots

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - iMarkeh - 21/12/2018 04:15

(20/12/2018 23:35)33109 Wrote:  In macclesfield they only run 10 routes, dunno who'd take over but generally speaking people have had enough of late running buses & a company that don't seem to care.

It would be a Julian Peddle buyout I think. High Peak & D&G. Its only the locals that need covering. 130 can run from Wythenshawe. 38 can run from Winsford (if it doesn't already). It's only 7 buses worth. Quite easy for Julian Peddle to buy out that side of things. It would also save on dead millage for D&G with them having a bus on the 130 which starts at Macc. Bit of an easy one I think that one.