Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Quackdave - 26/08/2017 16:41

(23/08/2017 18:48)Dentonian Wrote:  And mine - but by the same token, they shouldn't have been re-registered in the first place. Ultimately, such vanity is paid for by the adult passenger.

Totally agree about not re-registering them in the first place - though in the case of reverting to originals, it might actually pay for itself, as I believe the DVLA transfer fee is only about £85, and the marks could potentially be resold for more than that.

(23/08/2017 19:11)Nwales Bus Wrote:  They only received these plates to hide their age, when the Sapphire service launched in 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if there were as many passengers who perceived them as genuine K-reg as those who were impressed by them. There may even have been some who thought they were "00-reg". All of which of course ignores the 98% or so who never looked at them at all.

Personally, I don't think there's any point whatsoever in hiding age. Not knowing the age of a bus clearly isn't the same thing as perceiving it to be newer. It may even have the opposite effect by giving the impression that there is "something to hide". Even as an enthusiast, who generally knows the appropriate age range for a particular model of bus, I have often found myself surprised by how new a disguised-age bus actually is. SLT was a prime example, I think I found that I'd mentally overestimated the average age of their fleet by two or three years.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 27/08/2017 09:23

(26/08/2017 16:41)Quackdave Wrote:  I wouldn't be surprised if there were as many passengers who perceived them as genuine K-reg as those who were impressed by them. There may even have been some who thought they were "00-reg". All of which of course ignores the 98% or so who never looked at them at all.

I remember seeing a car parked in a workplace car park with a registration which started YS - not a local one and one that at first glance might me think it was a Y reg car given a S can be mistaken for a 5 if you don't look carefully enough.

I'm more likely to notice irregular licence numbers e.g. I notice Go Goodwins 33 EXG and think why have they registered that, is it to hide the age of the bus?

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - LJ51DCX - 27/08/2017 18:02

(26/08/2017 16:39)mikestone Wrote:  4422 looks to still have Sapphire interior.

It does indeed, it also has all of its Sapphire interior cove panel adverts including a route 1 route diagram lol!!

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 08/09/2017 15:36

Arriva have started running 2 school services from Winsford to St Nicholas High School - one is via Wharton, the other is via Whitegate. The services are provided on a commercial basis.

Slightly off-topic the below was sent out in a letter by the school at the end of the last academic year relating to one of the problems that can occur when schools pupils rely on a commercial services that have a single working in each direction.

Quote:The bus company operating the two bus routes from Middlewich and Holmes Chapel
has decided to deregister both routes, and has registered a single route covering the
same area. Ideally this would have been done in consultation with both the school
and parents, and the alternative bus route and timetable should have been issued,
before the changes happened. Unfortunately this hasn't happened, but school have
requested the revised bus route and timetable from the bus company, and this is
now attached.

The bus currently being used on this route does have a maximum capacity of 70, as
stipulated on the plate displayed on the bus itself, and there have been a number of
occasions where the bus has appeared over crowded. In order to avoid this
situation, and to ensure the continued safety of the students, a member of school
staff will check the bus each night to ensure it is not over capacity, and if it is , a
minibus will be provided to ensure students can get home. The bus operator has
purchased a new bus to operate this route with a greater capacity, so this issue
should be resolved from September.

The operator in question was Barratts Coaches.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 10/09/2017 09:40

I got a closer look at the Mercedes Mellor buses operating in Macclesfield this week. In my opinion there is no way they should be operating from the stands at Macclesfield Bus Station as due to the large front of the vehicles part of the door is blocked off by the railings, which would make it impossible for a wheelchair passenger to board. They might as well being using a non-compliant vehicle. As Arriva trailed a demo vehicle in the Macclesfield area prior to acquiring the new vehicles they should have noticed that and arranged with Cheshire East council for bus station modifications to be made if they wanted to use the vehicles.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mikestone - 10/09/2017 10:33

(08/09/2017 15:36)knutstransport Wrote:  Arriva have started running 2 school services from Winsford to St Nicholas High School - one is via Wharton, the other is via Whitegate. The services are provided on a commercial basis.

Slightly off-topic the below was sent out in a letter by the school at the end of the last academic year relating to one of the problems that can occur when schools pupils rely on a commercial services that have a single working in each direction.

The operator in question was Barratts Coaches.

There was a white double-decker in Barratt's yard a couple of weeks ago - they had a NC bodied decker before, but it wasn't that.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - SK15 GZG - 13/09/2017 19:18

Does anyone know which Centros are still here?

Thanks

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - PO59 MXJ - 16/09/2017 20:25

2614 in service at St Helens and 2619 in St Helens minus a few bits. Presume the rest are still at Winsford

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - SK15 GZG - 16/09/2017 20:29

(16/09/2017 20:25)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  2614 in service at St Helens and 2619 in St Helens minus a few bits. Presume the rest are still at Winsford

Thanks

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - RedPanda - 17/09/2017 12:35

(16/09/2017 20:25)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  2614 in service at St Helens and 2619 in St Helens minus a few bits. Presume the rest are still at Winsford

Has 2619 saw service in St. Helens? 2614 is the only one that's been out, the rest have been for maintenance