Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 10/04/2017 10:07

I just know when my mate who was working a sunday duty he took 679 out because he preferred how it drove to any of the other solos.

Hopefully a decker might put in appearance as the 130 can get really wedged at times. Yes the reliability is a big issue, always has been, why don't arriva plan extra time j to the timetable? Then at least with more leeway it'd stand a chance of running to time.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 10/04/2017 10:46

(10/04/2017 08:28)wirralbus Wrote:  There should be minimum standards and there should be a policy , yeah maybe pick a vehicle above a seating capacity based on the job its going to cover not a drivers preference.

For a Sunday service when a lot of buses aren't being used I would have thought 'number of miles before next service' might be a consideration when picking the vehicles to use.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - dca529x - 10/04/2017 14:07

(10/04/2017 09:58)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  That figure for loadings is quite accurate, it's rare to see any more than that on the bus on a sunday. The service also barely picks anyone up travelling between Manchester and Parrswood because quite simply there are more frequent and cheaper Wilmslow Rd Services

Not sure what the answer is for the 130. Its maybe gone past the point of no return. If loadings are poor (surely a result of the issues its got) coupled with a timetable that just hasn't got the recovery time required and is a mess in the evening peak, its perhaps no wonder its in the state its in.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - SK15 GZG - 10/04/2017 15:33

Just in case I've missed it - is there any confirmation of how many Sprinter City 45s are on order for here and what route(s) they're for?

Thanks

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 10/04/2017 15:54

(10/04/2017 07:23)dca529x Wrote:  The 130 has been in managed decline for quite some time and even the Sunday contract appears to have been dragged into that now, with its unreliability and in this particular case using vehicles not really suited to it.
If what you say is true, does that mean if/when the Sprinter van things turn up, one of them could go out because a driver fancies it ?

If the vehicle used doesn't meet the capacity required by the contract then Arriva could be penalised. However, given what GHA got away with on contracted services (especially the 200) I can't see the penalty being any more than a reminder of the required capacity or a deduction from the subsidy.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 10/04/2017 17:47

Y474 KNF - Nope nothing mentioned yet, macc don't want them as their too small for our loads.

When the 1 came on demo drivers had to leave people behind on a weston estate service. Plus they don't fit on the bays at macc bus station properly because of the bonnet they stick out.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - SK15 GZG - 10/04/2017 18:06

(10/04/2017 17:47)33109 Wrote:  Y474 KNF - Nope nothing mentioned yet, macc don't want them as their too small for our loads.

When the 1 came on demo drivers had to leave people behind on a weston estate service. Plus they don't fit on the bays at macc bus station properly because of the bonnet they stick out.

Thanks. I think it's a good idea to operate smaller vehicles like the City 45s but only if they were used in high numbers on a high frequency like Stagecoach's new "Little & Often" brand

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 10/04/2017 19:48

Even the 3 weston estate circular route runs every 30 mins but it still had to leave 10 people behind due to the small size.

Also with having the bonnet makes them difficult to get on a bay at macc. The solos are adequate for what we need.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 11/04/2017 08:33

As I thought might happen a decker has worked the 130! Gemini 4490 left macc just before 09:00 with manchester showing on the display.

At least it's an actual sapphire bus this time not a solo......

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - iMarkeh - 11/04/2017 11:30

The Mercs are on order for the Northwich Locals apparently. Like 1, 2, 4