Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 12/12/2016 07:27

Yes all the contracts which started on the 24th October were GHA replacement services, so the 6 is still commercial while the 6E is contracted.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 12/12/2016 08:03

T42 PVM - crewe could well end up being D&G territory with just arriva & first running in.

Macc is 60% arriva I'd say with high peak 30% & howards 10%. From what I've noticed lately arriva drivers are spread pretty thin on the ground ATM in macc.

A few people have commented they'd like the 392 to revert back to arriva when the contract comes up for renewal again. I suspect it's just people who want bit of extra mileage without having to fork out £5.65 for a stockport return which ain't cheap.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - mikestone - 12/12/2016 09:17

On the contrary I wondered if the reason for the new Leighton Link buses was that ANW were expecting new buses on the 6, and that was why the Bangor Dart was here. Presumably 6 revenue benefited from Potteries cutting back the 3.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 12/12/2016 09:39

(12/12/2016 08:03)33109 Wrote:  Macc is 60% arriva I'd say with high peak 30% & howards 10%.

D&G have a higher proportion of Macclesfield services than Howards given D&G run two Sunday services and the 27 service got cut back.

D&G:
Mon-Fri: Route 99 - 9 journeys in each direction
Sat: No service
Sun: Services 5 & 6 - 29 journeys in total. Service 38 - 10 journeys in each direction

Howards:
Mon-Fri: Route 27 - 7 journeys in each direction
Sat: Route 27 - 5 journeys in each direction
Sun: No service

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 13/12/2016 17:50

Arriva are looking for new Macclesfield based drivers: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/jobs/pcv-drivers---macclesfield/

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 14/12/2016 11:01

(12/12/2016 08:03)33109 Wrote:  A few people have commented they'd like the 392 to revert back to arriva when the contract comes up for renewal again. I suspect it's just people who want bit of extra mileage without having to fork out £5.65 for a stockport return which ain't cheap.

What's reliability like in winter? When High Peak served Knutsford early services were frequently late or cancelled in winter. Arriva don't seem to have the same problems and they do offer live bus tracking - I think the only operator in the area to do so. Also apparently they plan to offer wifi on 90% of their services by 2018.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 15/12/2016 08:41

Knutstransport - It's ok but as always a real b**ch getting through all the traffic that backs up from fiveways because of the new relief road works going on there.

Then you've got all the constant headache of getting through hazel grove into stockport. Which is alright during the day but when rush hour rolls around it all goes to pot & can run up to 30 mins late the times i've used it which is weekly.

BUT (yes there's always a but somewhere lol!) arriva macc are struggling to find drivers atm & they're spread very thin on the ground atm. About a month ago I was coming home from seeing a mate in bollington & waiting for the last 10a into macc & the last bus (20:35 off bolly) didn't show up!

Next day ran into a driver mate of mine & asked him what'd happened, simple answer was they didn't have a driver to cover the shift. High peak on the other hand have got loads of drivers & still successfully recruiting a fair few some of whom have transferred over from stagecoach manchester.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Y727 KNF - 15/12/2016 12:54

According to Facebook, 2713 is now here

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 15/12/2016 17:21

Not surprised really tbh, they usually end up at winsford shortly before they're due for withdrawal as was I think the case with 2447.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Redmikey - 22/12/2016 10:50

2643 was making some very peculiar high pitched whines on the 84 from Chester the other day.