Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot (/showthread.php?tid=125)

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - motormayhem1 - 18/11/2016 23:01

(18/11/2016 06:52)33109 Wrote:  Have st helens done any more centro refurbs yet MM? The whole fleet was meant to have been done but so far only 2611 has been completed.

Seems they're having issues again as 2614 failed last saturday with gearbox issues.

2609 is in there at the moment getting done and nearly complete.
2614 must be the one in the engine shop as that looks to be getting engine work done.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 19/11/2016 13:00

Olympian I ain't seen 1 with leather seats, for a centro that's a bit too fancy!!! 2611 has the blue checked cloth moquette.

MM - Cheers for that, some of em are doing ok whereas others fail on a very regular basis. Don't know atm if it's t drivers not turning them on or just not working buy their always freezing, no heat except around the cab area.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Lynx - 19/11/2016 15:24

(19/11/2016 13:00)33109 Wrote:  Olympian I ain't seen 1 with leather seats, for a centro that's a bit too fancy!!! 2611 has the blue checked cloth moquette.

MM - Cheers for that, some of em are doing ok whereas others fail on a very regular basis. Don't know atm if it's t drivers not turning them on or just not working buy their always freezing, no heat except around the cab area.

One with leather seats would make sense as all new retrims are being done with this e-leather.

The reason most drivers don't have the heating on is due to the switch being located in the engine bay, some drivers know this whilst some don't. Really it should be the depot staff who do this whilst preparing the bus before it goes out.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Metroline1511 - 19/11/2016 21:09

(11/11/2016 07:00)M60lad Wrote:  Yesterday's (Thursday) allocation to 38 was the following:

1X Pulsar (2643)
1X Centro
1X Sapphire Gemini

It seems from what I saw and was told from another friend of mine that Macclesfield have only got one 1 serviceable Sapphire Gemini at the moment, the Pulsar was on 16:43 Crewe-Macclesfield service and fnished when it got to Macclesfield and the replacement vehicle on 18:20 Macclesfield-Crewe was one of Macclesfields Solo SRs.

This means that if we had missed the Sapphire Gemini we would have had to wait 3 hours before it went in the same direction again. All the more reason not to try to track one down.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - 33109 - 20/11/2016 14:27

Lynx - Is it just me or is it a very odd & inaccesible spot to have the heating controls located in the engine bay???

Seems plaxton didn't really think things through, surely to god it would've made more sense to put the heating controls in a more convenient spot in the cab.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Lynx - 20/11/2016 15:34

From memory Citaros and most of the Scania Omni series of buses are about the only ones that have the air conditioning controls in the cab area, I remember someone telling me this had something to do with there continental design. Pretty much everything ADL, Wrightbus, Optare and most other older British manufacture have the AC controls in the engine bay with the exception of the NB4L I believe. There may be one or two buses from these manufacturers that do have the controls in the cab but as far as I'm aware there's not.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - trixmax2000 - 20/11/2016 17:03

(20/11/2016 15:48)Dentonian Wrote:  AC is seperate surely. AFAIK, few, if any, British buses outside London have AC.....and some MPDs recently withdrawn from Winsford, Caego etc. Not really much call for them "oop, North".

The heater controls are in the cab work fine when new but over time they will not shut off
The control in the engine area cuts off the main water supply to the heaters and demister and the driver must not access this at anytime as it is behind moving parts

This will have been closed by the fitters for summer so will need turning back on

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - T42 PVM - 11/12/2016 20:40

I kept meaning to post this, On the 23rd of October 2016 the 6 Service became part funded but with D&G making a move with their 12 i have a feeling the 6 will get chopped very soon

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/493152/

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - Olympian - 11/12/2016 22:09

[quote='T42 PVM' pid='99815' dateline='1481488803']
I kept meaning to post this, On the 23rd of October 2016 the 6 Service became part funded but with D&G making a move with their 12 i have a feeling the 6 will get chopped very soon

I guess the 'Part funding' refers to the evening 6e which arriva won on re-tender from that date following on from D&G who had been operating it since the GHA collapse.

That said, I often wonder how committed arriva are to any of there routes in Cheshire, earlier this year drivers were saying that management had told them that the 84 was likely to be taken off beyond Nantwich, perhaps it was only GHA folding that saved it. So if D&Gs 12 does hit the 6 perhaps arriva will kiss it goodbye anyway.

RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - T42 PVM - 11/12/2016 22:44

Looking at all the routes that Winsford/Mac Operate it seems a number of the locals are part funded, It does look as if D&G will slowly take over Crewe as it feels like its being going that way for years now