Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Go Goodwins - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Go Goodwins (/showthread.php?tid=1005)

RE: Go Goodwins - Mrboo - 27/04/2023 16:42

(27/04/2023 14:58)EDB325 Wrote:  TJ's Travel are from Lofthouse, on the Wakefield side of Leeds, and just off Junction 29 of the M62. It is definitely them operating the old Little Gem contract (773) as I've seen their coaches pass our window both this morning and this afternoon - a different vehicle on each occasion. Unfortunately I couldn't identify either vehicle, but the one this afternoon carried the description Leeds.

The last records I have for them showed a VA of 16, but 22 operational vehicles. As M60lad says, it must be a pretty lucrative contract !
A
Not really lucky to be £800 a day that's about an 8hr rail replacement rate. Coach brokers pay little and take a cut.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 28/04/2023 09:48

Based on tracking it looks like 2 of the Fiat buses have become regular vehicles for the 391 and 392 this week.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 28/04/2023 15:24

TfGM have not awarded replacement contracts for the 44, 84, 217 and 375 due to the cost of the bids being too high.

D&G are taking on 3 routes, while Belle Vue are taking on 2.

https://tfgm.com/little-gem-buses

RE: Go Goodwins - Citibus - 03/05/2023 17:24

One of the two new Iveco Daily Ilesbus RE23 CVA was on 391/392 duties today in full Mayne livery.

[Image: 52867634219_4d513e9480_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins Iveco RE23CVA - Poynton
by David Burrell, on Flickr

The other bus being RE23 CUV

RE: Go Goodwins - Y458 KNF - 03/05/2023 17:26

(03/05/2023 17:24)Citibus Wrote:  One of the two new Iveco Daily Ilesbus RE23 CVA was on 391/392 duties today in full Mayne livery.

[Image: 52867634219_4d513e9480_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins Iveco RE23CVA - Poynton
by David Burrell, on Flickr

The other bus being RE23 CUV

So this explains why the Fiats have been sold guessing the rest of the non coach fleet will follow.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 03/05/2023 17:45

(03/05/2023 17:26)Y458 KNF Wrote:  So this explains why the Fiats have been sold guessing the rest of the non coach fleet will follow.

Mr Goodwin told the media Little Gem had been placed into administration. If the administrators decided certain vehicles belonged to Little Gem then it has an obligation to sell them to recover funds for the creditors.

RE: Go Goodwins - DLG817 - 04/05/2023 10:30

I have just added the following to my blog on my website RonsBusesandCoaches.com

In the Traffic Commissioners Notices and Proceedings published today (4th May 2023) there is notice of the following application for an Operators Licence :-

PG2065353 SI GO GOODWINS CLWYD LTD
Director(s): Louis Goodwin
HALENDY GARAGE, WATERGATE JUNCTION A548, MOSTYN, M30 9QG
Operating Centre: HALENDY GARAGE, WATERGATE JUNCTION A548, MOSTYN, CH8 9HW
Authorisation: 8 vehicle(s) Transport Manager(s): Louis Goodwin

Halendy Garage is the former depot of Alun Andrew who has now retired from bus operations.

Go Goodwins Clwyd Limited is a company that was formed in February 2021 as W Goodwin and Son Limited but changed its name in April of this year and when the registered office was also changed to the Halendy Garage.

Louis Goodwin is the fifth generation of the Goodwin family that have been involved in public transport in the Manchester area since the 1970s.

This application follows an abandoned application at the same premises at Mostyn by Go Goodwins Group Limited (Director Wesley Goodwin) last month.

The premises are also now the registered office of the company Crosville Coaches Limited (Director Sally Goodwin) who made an abandoned application in 2018 for an Operators Licence with a planned operating centre at the home address of Wes Goodwin in Trelawnyd .

Until recently the Goodwin family have been involved in providing bus services under the 'Little Gem' branding but these services ceased last month leaving Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) arranging emergency cover for several of the bus routes and school services involved.

RE: Go Goodwins - Raawwwrrr! - 04/05/2023 12:17

Belle Vue are currently route learning the 288 in a former Little Gem orange fiat

RE: Go Goodwins - KX03 KYY - 04/05/2023 20:04

(04/05/2023 10:30)DLG817 Wrote:  I have just added the following to my blog on my website RonsBusesandCoaches.com

In the Traffic Commissioners Notices and Proceedings published today (4th May 2023) there is notice of the following application for an Operators Licence :-

PG2065353 SI GO GOODWINS CLWYD LTD
Director(s): Louis Goodwin
HALENDY GARAGE, WATERGATE JUNCTION A548, MOSTYN, M30 9QG
Operating Centre: HALENDY GARAGE, WATERGATE JUNCTION A548, MOSTYN, CH8 9HW
Authorisation: 8 vehicle(s) Transport Manager(s): Louis Goodwin

Halendy Garage is the former depot of Alun Andrew who has now retired from bus operations.

Go Goodwins Clwyd Limited is a company that was formed in February 2021 as W Goodwin and Son Limited but changed its name in April of this year and when the registered office was also changed to the Halendy Garage.

Louis Goodwin is the fifth generation of the Goodwin family that have been involved in public transport in the Manchester area since the 1970s.

This application follows an abandoned application at the same premises at Mostyn by Go Goodwins Group Limited (Director Wesley Goodwin) last month.

The premises are also now the registered office of the company Crosville Coaches Limited (Director Sally Goodwin) who made an abandoned application in 2018 for an Operators Licence with a planned operating centre at the home address of Wes Goodwin in Trelawnyd .

Until recently the Goodwin family have been involved in providing bus services under the 'Little Gem' branding but these services ceased last month leaving Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) arranging emergency cover for several of the bus routes and school services involved.

Sounds like there trying there luck in North Wales now see how long before they register some public routes if they do

RE: Go Goodwins - M60lad - 05/05/2023 05:26

If it helps I was on my way back from Llandudno last Sunday with friends and we spotted 2 of Goodwins Coaches parked in a yard in Mostyn which might have something to do with this