Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Go Goodwins - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Go Goodwins (/showthread.php?tid=1005)

RE: Go Goodwins - djb - 14/10/2021 20:03

(14/10/2021 13:55)knutstransport Wrote:  Doubt it's as obvious as you think. Note the earlier post saying many drivers working for other companies don't realise the buses running around saying Little Gem on the side belong to Go Goodwins. Even something like L136 EM wouldn't immediately stand out as a shortened version of Little Gem with some letters replaced by numbers.

I suggested in another thread the 64 reg Enviros in the D&G fleet had registrations relating to their former South Lancs Travel use but it turned out I was wrong as it was just coincidence that South Lancs ended up with buses with registrations starting SL.

He’s probably right. Take a look at their fleetlist. Almost all of the registrations are related to the family, a family member, or a type of vehicle. They aren’t doing it for the general public, it’s status.

RE: Go Goodwins - Citibus - 14/10/2021 22:03

The two Astromegas GO60ODY/LA60ODY (WA12KNP/DN11LON) didnt last long and went to Catteralls, Southam in June time and seem to be now UUI8256/UUI8255

New is GO60ODY (AT12LCT) in a dedicated Manchester Storm livery maybe from Ellisons

OT54BUS is onloan from Orion Travel in a strange 'Orion Circular' livery - not sure what that refers to

[Image: 51586513120_527a9bd265_c.jpg]
Orion Travel "Orion Circular" (OT54 BUS) 'On Loan to Go Goodwins' by
Paul Transport Photography, on Flickr

YK16 SSZ Van Hool Astron has joined Go G VIP fleet ex Parrys International

RE: Go Goodwins - Citibus - 14/10/2021 23:13

futher to above
YK16 SSZ is now 11 GO
11 GO is now MF19 YHA

RE: Go Goodwins - 33109 - 21/10/2021 14:47

1 of the enviro 200s today looks a bit rough. It's got a black corner piece on the front bumper & a grey panel under the cab.

So assume it'd got a bit bashed, going round some of the country lanes up higher poynton etc can be quite tight in parts.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 21/10/2021 14:53

(21/10/2021 14:47)33109 Wrote:  1 of the enviro 200s today looks a bit rough. It's got a black corner piece on the front bumper & a grey panel under the cab.

So assume it'd got a bit bashed, going round some of the country lanes up higher poynton etc can be quite tight in parts.

Do you mean the MMCs that are branded for the route?

They have quite a few older Enviro 200s as well now.

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 26/10/2021 18:01

(14/10/2021 13:55)knutstransport Wrote:  Doubt it's as obvious as you think. Note the earlier post saying many drivers working for other companies don't realise the buses running around saying Little Gem on the side belong to Go Goodwins. Even something like L136 EM wouldn't immediately stand out as a shortened version of Little Gem with some letters replaced by numbers.

I suggested in another thread the 64 reg Enviros in the D&G fleet had registrations relating to their former South Lancs Travel use but it turned out I was wrong as it was just coincidence that South Lancs ended up with buses with registrations starting SL.

Does it really matter what other drivers know or think? Every passenger that looks up when they board the bus will see GGG above the door and under that it reads Go Goodwins Group. Like Djb has said all Registrations are personalized to the company and the owners family.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 26/10/2021 18:29

(26/10/2021 18:01)ant17612 Wrote:  Does it really matter what other drivers know or think? Every passenger that looks up when they board the bus will see GGG above the door and under that it reads Go Goodwins Group.

Just a reminder on the side of these Enviros, across the top it says:

391 Stockport - Hazel Grove - Poynton - Middlewood - Bollington - Tytherington - Macclesfield 392
Then below the windows it says:

I'm a Little Gem
in partnership with
Transport Service Solutions
Cheshire East Council.

While at Macclesfield bus station the stands are arranged so you see the front of the bus and then have to turn 90 degrees, just before you board.

The thing the passengers will be most interested in is what it says on the destination display at the front or on the side, so that's where their eyes will usually be drawn and if it's not there's plenty of more eye catching wording on the vehicles.

The chance of someone reading the small print under GGG is as likely as someone reading the name of the manufacturer on the front of the bus.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 26/10/2021 22:54

(26/10/2021 18:01)ant17612 Wrote:  Does it really matter what other drivers know or think? Every passenger that looks up when they board the bus will see GGG above the door and under that it reads Go Goodwins Group. Like Djb has said all Registrations are personalized to the company and the owners family.

It’s messy though. Why bother using the little gem brand if you’d going to mix it up with GGG logos, see more holiday adverts and drivers wearing Goodwins uniforms.

RE: Go Goodwins - dounowhoiam - 27/10/2021 20:01

Whilst most passengers who use the Little Gem services aren't going to be that bothered by what operator it is run by due to the tickets being used - personally I feel as though for Altrincham services they have been much better with nicer buses and greater customer support since they took over these tenders - it would be simpler to just stick to that branding now.

Little Gem was initially used due to negative reviews on their bus services (mainly caused due to delays out of their control) against the same name they shared with the coach brand. By keeping it separate branding (in a colour that differentiates to other operators) it makes it clear that it is a bus brand and that when you Google "Little Gem" it takes you to their bus website and social media profiles.

In regards to their coach adverts, it is good that they used this as it is not that much different to how Stagecoach advertise Megabus on their buses. The sad thing about it is that the use of the TVs aren't utilised on buses as I have seen old adverts for places elsewhere in the country for years ago.

As enthusiasts we will focus a lot more on registration plates, bus uniforms, smaller logos and ticket styles than the regular customer. As long as the bus is running, I can track it if it's running late and I can get a seat for a pleasant ride - which I haven't had these issues with Little Gem - then I can say they do better than other operators I have had to use.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 28/10/2021 11:42

(27/10/2021 20:01)dounowhoiam Wrote:  personally I feel as though for Altrincham services they have been much better with nicer buses and greater customer support since they took over these tenders - it would be simpler to just stick to that branding now.

Altrincham to Manchester Airport single fares over past few years:

MCT: £2.20
D&G: £2.70
Little Gem: £2.50

No significant difference in service frequency or the age or quality of the vehicles used, so I think the average passenger will welcome a partial reversal of the big fare hike from when D&G took over the service.