Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Go Goodwins - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Go Goodwins (/showthread.php?tid=1005)

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 09/03/2021 20:27

(09/03/2021 16:06)Citibus Wrote:  At least 5 ex Arriva London dual-door envrio 200s have arrived for the new tendered services. One of which is LJ09 KPF

They are not going to be converted in time. Not the greatest move buying elderly ex London dual door buses.

RE: Go Goodwins - iMarkeh - 09/03/2021 20:53

(09/03/2021 20:27)Mayneway Wrote:  They are not going to be converted in time. Not the greatest move buying elderly ex London dual door buses.
What is TFGMs stance on dual door buses in bus stations? I know some PTEs have an outright ban on dual door buses in bus stations as they aren't properly equipped to handle such buses and if they aren't converted, the wheelchair access will be in the middle.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 09/03/2021 21:10

(09/03/2021 20:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  What is TFGMs stance on dual door buses in bus stations? I know some PTEs have an outright ban on dual door buses in bus stations as they aren't properly equipped to handle such buses and if they aren't converted, the wheelchair access will be in the middle.

Yep Diamond came unstuck several years ago when they moved several dual door buses in only to be told they couldn’t be used because the ramp was at the middle door.
Think they would have to at the very least move the ramp to the front door.

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 09/03/2021 21:39

(09/03/2021 20:27)Mayneway Wrote:  They are not going to be converted in time. Not the greatest move buying elderly ex London dual door buses.

I would like to think at least some can be done in a month if not all. How long does a door / interior conversion usually take?

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 09/03/2021 22:08

(09/03/2021 21:39)ant17612 Wrote:  I would like to think at least some can be done in a month if not all. How long does a door / interior conversion usually take?

It’s quite labour intensive could possibly be done along with a repaint.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 09/03/2021 22:36

Been told today all of the TFGM hybrids stored in Stockport bus station have been moved out - makes me wonder whether despite their condition when they left MCT some of them could be brought back to use on some of Goodwins tender gains?

RE: Go Goodwins - Quackdave - 09/03/2021 23:06

There's not much to go on, but WEZ 553 looks like JXW to me. I don't think it's JWF, because that lacked the passenger window stickers in the second offside bay; nor JWL, which lacked the one in the lower cab side window. It could conceivably be JXG; but that already had accessibility logos on either side of the destination display, and they look about 20% smaller than the ones displayed by WEZ 553. It strikes me as more likely that they'd add these to a bus that didn't have them, rather than that they'd take a bus that already had them, and replace them with very slightly bigger ones!

DVLA searching indicates that all four have been reregistered, but none of my guesses as to what the other two might have become have hit the mark yet!

RE: Go Goodwins - djb - 09/03/2021 23:28

I know the answer is probably no (apart from possibly the 84a), but do any of goodwins routes not enter a bus station. That could be an interim solution on the ramp issue. Although a lot of roadside stops aren’t well placed for an extra few feet at the door either to get the middle door in place!

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 09/03/2021 23:33

(09/03/2021 23:06)Quackdave Wrote:  There's not much to go on, but WEZ 553 looks like JXW to me. I don't think it's JWF, because that lacked the passenger window stickers in the second offside bay; nor JWL, which lacked the one in the lower cab side window. It could conceivably be JXG; but that already had accessibility logos on either side of the destination display, and they look about 20% smaller than the ones displayed by WEZ 553. It strikes me as more likely that they'd add these to a bus that didn't have them, rather than that they'd take a bus that already had them, and replace them with very slightly bigger ones!

DVLA searching indicates that all four have been reregistered, but none of my guesses as to what the other two might have become have hit the mark yet!

What is interesting is that these plates on the MCVs are new to the fleet and not been recycled from several other buses along the years.

But currently several common plates appear not to be in use that could find their way onto something ie these Enviro200s, they are: 33EXG, 330GGX, ADL200E, GUI441, 772URB, GOG3T, B20AEG, T3WES, T5GEF and the most recently used of all these TYA218.

RE: Go Goodwins - CTL45 - 12/03/2021 23:07

(09/03/2021 23:06)Quackdave Wrote:  There's not much to go on, but WEZ 553 looks like JXW to me. I don't think it's JWF, because that lacked the passenger window stickers in the second offside bay; nor JWL, which lacked the one in the lower cab side window. It could conceivably be JXG; but that already had accessibility logos on either side of the destination display, and they look about 20% smaller than the ones displayed by WEZ 553. It strikes me as more likely that they'd add these to a bus that didn't have them, rather than that they'd take a bus that already had them, and replace them with very slightly bigger ones!

New Vrm: WEZ553
Previous Vrm: YJ62JXG

New Vrm: WEZ552
Previous Vrm: YJ62JWL