Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Go Goodwins - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Go Goodwins (/showthread.php?tid=1005)

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 03/09/2017 08:51

(02/09/2017 22:11)Mayneway Wrote:  But the school work fits in nicely with the coaching side of it and some of the schools are run as closed door private services.
Strange though that they have retained some of the TFGM school contracts that were run as part of the little gem set up but again there could be various reasons why these were retained.

Odder is the fact rotala have also registered some school services in the area presumably TFGM tender gains, but wouldn't prices for these have been placed some months ago - makes you wonder how long this deal has been going on behind the scenes.

Weren't some of the vehicles used by Go Goodwins on tendered public services also used on school services? Maybe the takeover deal was based on that continuing but Diamond not having any vehicles as designated as schools/private hire?

RE: Go Goodwins - djb - 03/09/2017 12:19

(02/09/2017 22:11)Mayneway Wrote:  But the school work fits in nicely with the coaching side of it and some of the schools are run as closed door private services.
Strange though that they have retained some of the TFGM school contracts that were run as part of the little gem set up but again there could be various reasons why these were retained.

Odder is the fact rotala have also registered some school services in the area presumably TFGM tender gains, but wouldn't prices for these have been placed some months ago - makes you wonder how long this deal has been going on behind the scenes.

Rotala may simply have seen trafford as a good entry point for expansion irrespective of the goodwins purchase (with the historical incumbent continually retrenching, And a few school tenders up for renewal). Bearing in mind that one of the other potential purchases was an airport operator, there was potential for another base if goodwins didn't come off.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 03/09/2017 13:15

(03/09/2017 12:19)djb Wrote:  Rotala may simply have seen trafford as a good entry point for expansion irrespective of the goodwins purchase (with the historical incumbent continually retrenching, And a few school tenders up for renewal). Bearing in mind that one of the other potential purchases was an airport operator, there was potential for another base if goodwins didn't come off.

True I suppose it's bad news for Bullocks and some of the other independents but like you say a good door opener for Rotala.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 03/09/2017 13:17

(03/09/2017 08:51)knutstransport Wrote:  Weren't some of the vehicles used by Go Goodwins on tendered public services also used on school services? Maybe the takeover deal was based on that continuing but Diamond not having any vehicles as designated as schools/private hire?

Im not sure. They have a number of TFGM school Versa's and yellow scholar buses which they are retaining.
Last time I paid particular attention to GoGoodwins they had Solos for the tendered work and a batch of Excels for schools but I know the excels are long gone.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 03/09/2017 15:44

(03/09/2017 13:17)Mayneway Wrote:  Im not sure. They have a number of TFGM school Versa's and yellow scholar buses which they are retaining.
Last time I paid particular attention to GoGoodwins they had Solos for the tendered work and a batch of Excels for schools but I know the excels are long gone.

283 has gaps in service on School Days only. I'm sure there's at least a couple of other routes as well.

RE: Go Goodwins - SK15 GZG - 03/09/2017 17:30

Does anyone know what the fleet number of former Goodwins Solo R77 WES was please?

RE: Go Goodwins - NorthernCounties - 04/09/2017 08:33

(02/01/1970 17:47)Y474 KNFT9805' Wrote:  Does anyone know what the fleet number of former Goodwins Solo R77 WES was please?

According to my fleetbook it was 20

RE: Go Goodwins - SK15 GZG - 04/09/2017 13:50

(04/09/2017 08:33)NorthernCounties Wrote:  According to my fleetbook it was 20

Many thanks

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 04/09/2017 20:58

Into the fleet presumably for the school work won off Arriva Wythenshawe are the former Arriva London Volvo B7TL/ Alexander ALX400s VLA107/08 LJ05BLK/N.

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 04/09/2017 21:00

(02/09/2017 19:14)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I remember too that Go Goodwins used to have Streetlites. The first one I ever rode was with Go Goodwins!

On an unrelated note, it would have been more consistent if Goodwins had sold their full bus portfolio to Rotala rather than all normal services and some but not all school services.

They were deemed by the MD as the worst things ever built!