Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Go Goodwins - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Go Goodwins (/showthread.php?tid=1005)

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 19/08/2017 18:51

The Scanias were N reg and were actually acquired after the Starline acquisition. North Western had a relatively old fleet at the time so decided to keep Starline as a brand for their 'premium' routes so applied a revised 'North Western Starline' livery to them. The Scanias were some of the first ever low floor buses so they got public funding in the same way hybrids do today. It's also worth remembering at the time of the Starline acquisition the train service to Manchester Airport was just starting so prior to that the only way of getting to the Airport was by bus.

Yes I noted the inverted commas - I was building on the point you made not disagreeing.

I'm not sure of the relevance of direct links to Denton. As Altrincham is on the edge of Greater Manchester and Denton isn't on the way to anywhere useful, I'm not surprised Altrincham didn't have a link to Denton. If it did it would probably be something like the current Go Goodiwns 278 route - a load of local links joined up to form one mega service.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 23/08/2017 16:09

As mentioned in the Diamond Bus thread the Go Goodwins registrations for the regular passenger services have been cancelled with effect from 31st August, with replacement Diamond Bus registrations taking effect from 1st September. However, I've also noticed Go Goodwins have also cancelled school services which aren't transferring.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 23/08/2017 19:48

(23/08/2017 16:09)knutstransport Wrote:  As mentioned in the Diamond Bus thread the Go Goodwins registrations for the regular passenger services have been cancelled with effect from 31st August, with replacement Diamond Bus registrations taking effect from 1st September. However, I've also noticed Go Goodwins have also cancelled school services which aren't transferring.

Are all the schools cancelled or just the TFGM contracts? Perhaps they are moving away from operating tenders altogether. They operate a couple of commercial schools I think one at least uses the MMC Enviro400.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 23/08/2017 20:17

I'm not sure how many tenders they had but they're short notice cancellations.

RE: Go Goodwins - AltrinchamAlex - 24/08/2017 07:04

Some school services were operated by the coach side of the business, and looking at 2017/18 times these remain Goodwins.

Also noticed Diamond don't seem to have registered the Saturday morning 245s.

RE: Go Goodwins - mikemcniven - 25/08/2017 11:41

Conformation: Go Goodwins has been sold via London Stock Exchange

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/ROL/13342230.html

Quote:25 August 2017

Rotala Plc
("Rotala" or the "Company" or the "Group")

Further re. Fund Raise and Acquisitions

Further to its announcement on 28 July 2017 regarding a Placing and Subscription to raise £3.5 million (before expenses) to fund acquisitions, Rotala announces that it has now entered into a conditional agreement in respect of the Proposed Acquisition, being the acquisition by the Company of certain assets from Go Goodwins (Coaches) Limited (the "Goodwins Acquisition").

Pursuant to the terms of a business purchase agreement ("BPA") Rotala has agreed to acquire a bus and minibus services business which comprises 18 buses and a freehold property in the Manchester area, together with goodwill and the benefit of TfGM bus service contracts, for a cash consideration of £692,500 payable in full on completion of the BPA. The total expected cost of the Goodwins Acquisition is approximately £1 million, including the necessary working capital and capital expenditure associated with the acquisition, which will be satisfied from the net proceeds of the Subscription.

The Directors believe that the Goodwins Acquisition will enable Rotala to significantly grow its operations in the Manchester area and potentially double its bus capacity. No additional overheads are expected to be required as a result of the acquisition and the Directors believe that the Company will benefit from additional sales, gross profit and EBITDA contributions of approximately £2.0 million, £0.4 million and £0.2 million respectively under Rotala's ownership, in the first full year following completion of the Proposed Acquisition.

Completion of the BPA is expected to occur on 31 August 2017, following compliance by the target company with its obligations under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006.

Unless otherwise defined, capitalised terms in this announcement shall have the same meaning as those within the 'Definitions' section of the Company's RNS released on 28 July 2017.

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 25/08/2017 21:02

Solo 1007 has reverted from 33EXG back to YJ55YHR.

RE: Go Goodwins - ant17612 - 27/08/2017 17:59

Another revert is the Cadet from WSV550 back to SR05XMK. This I am somewhat surprised about as got told it was staying with the coaching side for schools.

RE: Go Goodwins - Citibus - 28/08/2017 17:09

And another is Solo 1019 330GGX back to CV55AXW.

RE: Go Goodwins - mikemcniven - 29/08/2017 14:03

more and more are reverting to their old registrations

It's sad to see them go, I have used the services for so long, until the 268 got rerouted and renumbered making it impossible for me to use, but their drivers were always welcoming and friendly, and the whole bus was able to have a good gossip and a laugh Smile I always enjoyed travelling with Goodwins and would often allow and Arriva go past so I could enjoy a ride with them.

I am please to know they are continuing to run some school services and keeping the coaching business, so it's not a complete goodbye, but for service buses it is.

I Went to Altrincham today for what is likely to be my last chance to capture then before Rotala take control on Friday. It's sad to see them go after using their services for so long and having such welcoming and friendly drivers, I hope it's something that will continue until Rotala control.

1013 is now back to FN07DHE
[Image: 36083744443_4a338b0590_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins FN07DHE by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

1007 is now back to YJ55YHR
[Image: 36083753413_a95940f5b3_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins YJ55YHR by Mike McNiven, on Flickr

1001 remains SCZ3842 for now
[Image: 36721219212_a608b5cac9_z.jpg]
Go Goodwins SCZ3842 by Mike McNiven, on Flickr