Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 10/08/2014 22:02

The following has appeared on Halton's website:

There's a BUZZ about Halton.
Wherever you are in Halton, from Halebank to Murdishaw, if you listen carefully there's a HUMMMMM in the air....
Keep watching and listening!

Certainly intriguing!

RE: Halton Transport - St Helens Rider - 10/08/2014 22:41

I posted on VOSA thread a few days back that they are registering a new service 9 next month.

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 10/08/2014 22:50

(10/08/2014 22:41)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I posted on VOSA thread a few days back that they are registering a new service 9 next month.

Service 9 seems to be a replacement for the WCM cancelled 8 service.

RE: Halton Transport - DVL418 - 15/08/2014 14:49

Had a couple of texts from former colleagues at Halton BC that up to four all-white single dockers have arrived in the Caldwell Road yard today.

Hoping to be able to post a photo on Flickr later.

RE: Halton Transport - St Helens Rider - 15/08/2014 15:58

There are posters on Halton's buses advertising Driver Vacancies due to expansion - interesting times ahead I feel.

RE: Halton Transport - Arriva3137 - 15/08/2014 16:56

[quote='DVL418' pid='61534' dateline='1408114149']
Had a couple of texts from former colleagues at Halton BC that up to four all-white single dockers have arrived in the Caldwell Road yard today.

[/quote

I also seen them but couldn't ID what type they were

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 15/08/2014 17:35

(15/08/2014 14:49)DVL418 Wrote:  Had a couple of texts from former colleagues at Halton BC that up to four all-white single dockers have arrived in the Caldwell Road yard today.

Deckers for schools, maybe?
Interesting times indeed!

And the management were apparently laughing at some of us suggesting they might get deckers a short while ago :P

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 15/08/2014 18:16

(15/08/2014 17:35)Valandil Wrote:  Deckers for schools, maybe?
Interesting times indeed!

And the management were apparently laughing at some of us suggesting they might get deckers a short while ago :P

I heard they had a giggle as well Smile . think it might of been when I posted about them getting a decker on trial about a year ago, which turned out to be untrue (heard it of a driver). Anyway sounds like really promising times at the moment, no matter what Halton have bought (certain exceptions) it is good that somthing is finally happening on the vechile front. Hats of to Haltons managment for turning the company around, well done halton. Saying that, would love them to get deckers but theres not much chance of that now is the!?

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 15/08/2014 18:20

(15/08/2014 18:16)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  I heard they had a giggle as well Smile . think it might of been when I posted about them getting a decker on trial about a year ago, which turned out to be untrue (heard it of a driver). Anyway sounds like really promising times at the moment, no matter what Halton have bought (certain exceptions) it is good that somthing is finally happening on the vechile front. Hats of to Haltons managment for turning the company around, well done halton. Saying that, would love them to get deckers but theres not much chance of that now is the!?

Oh, my mistake!
I guess I saw the word 'deckers' and didn't register the 'single' before it Hammer

I completely take back all of the above.
Apart from that I imagine that there will be an increased number of vehicles on schools from September.
It is odd that schools elsewhere usually seem to require (double!) deckers, but Halton always get along fine with single deckers on their schools.

I agree: hats off to Halton management as -- I'm not going to lie -- at one point I thought that the company would never recover.

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 15/08/2014 18:32

(15/08/2014 18:20)Valandil Wrote:  Oh, my mistake!
I guess I saw the word 'deckers' and didn't register the 'single' before it Hammer

I completely take back all of the above.
Apart from that I imagine that there will be an increased number of vehicles on schools from September.
It is odd that schools elsewhere usually seem to require (double!) deckers, but Halton always get along fine with single deckers on their schools.

I agree: hats off to Halton management as -- I'm not going to lie -- at one point I thought that the company would never recover.

I agree Halton do seem to cope well on schools with single deck vechiles bar a few (notably riverside college services) that can get quite full. It does suprise me that Halton have never bought a few old second hand deckers to be used exclusivley on schools.