Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - mr t - 03/07/2013 21:05

How have the 26 loads been since the changes were introduced

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 03/07/2013 21:42

(03/07/2013 21:05)mr t Wrote:  How have the 26 loads been since the changes were introduced

They've been an improvement of the original, more people are using the service instead of the now high floor WCM 13 route.

Loads are pretty steady, I'd be confident enough to say that the 26/A definitely gets more passengers in the day then your average 17/A

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 06/07/2013 09:27

(03/07/2013 18:42)GWD0595 Wrote:  First time I have seen this, but saw bus 21 operating on route 26A (at trafflic lights near Lunts Heath Road) at around 3.20pm today.

Around 10 minutes earlier I saw one of the Solo's on the 26 going the other way back to Widnes.

I wonder where the other 2 Solo's were for the 26A? :P

It is quite unusual, looks like somthing like this might be coming a regular occurrence as I saw 75 on the 26 on Wednesday night, replacing 57 who had previously been operating. But to honest the solos reliability is 5 star I have not seen one break down or have any problems since they arrived from Blackpool. So its unexplained why they disappeared. Possibly for being used on the 14a which has become regular for 57 and 56. I wonder when there 3rd solo will be put into propper use, as there is meant to be a new circular sort of rout starting in Runcorn but I dont know when.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 06/07/2013 11:38

(06/07/2013 09:27)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  I wonder when there 3rd solo will be put into propper use, as there is meant to be a new circular sort of rout starting in Runcorn but I dont know when.

I wouldn't be surprised if those plans have been shelved as being too risky, at a time when Halton really seems to be struggling, and probably ought to focus on getting a stable income to keep going.

RE: Halton Transport - Quackdave - 06/07/2013 17:04

Halton appear to have a white Evolution on loan, 92 (YJ62 JXW). I am guessing this is a VDL SB180?

It was on what I presume was the 2A today (although the display actually read "2 West Bank") the 2 to West Bank today. (Edited because I belatedly realised that I'd muddled up the current definition of the 2A!)

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 08/07/2013 08:06

(06/07/2013 17:04)Quackdave Wrote:  Halton appear to have a white Evolution on loan, 92 (YJ62 JXW). I am guessing this is a VDL SB180?

It was on what I presume was the 2A today (although the display actually read "2 West Bank").

A evolution on loan! Wow, didnt know Halton was short of busses. Sure it wasn't a trial?

RE: Halton Transport - J654UHN - 08/07/2013 11:13

Nobody said Halton were short of buses. Most prob gonna trial a few different buses for replacing the darts

RE: Halton Transport - Quackdave - 08/07/2013 11:32

(08/07/2013 08:06)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  A evolution on loan! Wow, didnt know Halton was short of busses. Sure it wasn't a trial?

Yes, I think it's highly likely that it's a trial. "Trial" and "loan" are not mutually exclusive. "Loan" is the agreement under which the bus is borrowed, and "trial" is the purpose for which said loan is arranged.

Definitions of "loan":

From Merriam-Webster.com: "the grant of temporary use"
From Dictionary.com: "a grant of the temporary use of something"
From Wiktionary: "The permission to borrow any item"

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 08/07/2013 12:25

#92 is the fleet number of trial buses.

#92 was used on the Solo SR last year, all though they didn't buy a brand new SR, they bought Optare Solos. (Probably because a bus with a wheel forward is very different to drive than one without).

I would image that this is due to the fact you can no longer buy a ADL MCV, or the cheaper more traditional Enviro 200 that Halton have in their fleet, very few operators actually "own" the new Enviro 200, even Arriva have contracted dealership owned versions

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 08/07/2013 14:55

Halton are meant to be getting some new enviro200s but with there being some financial trouble recently I presumed that these plans had been shelved. I dont think its a great idea that Halton expand there fleet, but darts 71-74 will soon need replacement but 75-79 still have life left in them. Personally would not want to see a single dart leave Halton but oh well. As someone mentioned months ago, I wish Halton would buy Warringtons outgoing darts. (Not to sure if Warrington have sold all there darts yet).