Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - DVL418 - 22/06/2012 15:25

(18/06/2012 18:57)K853 MTJ Wrote:  It seems not mate, just a rumour for now Smile
But I run with what I can around here, not often something decent is rumoured to be happening on the Halton bus scene :P

This myth has caused some amusement to Halton's management - even had a dealer contacting them offering to supply suitable deckers.

Fact is the story is not true and perhaps should now be put to bed.

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 22/06/2012 17:07

To be fair we had nothing to say otherwise that they wouldn't get them until now.
I dont see why you have quoted my post in particular as well as it wasn't just me speculating what may have happened if they did get them.
I shall leave it at that though.

RE: Halton Transport - The H man - 22/06/2012 18:16

Twice i asked if there was an official source......... you would think that after having no deckers for years , if it were to be remotely true then the original poster might have had a link or a source ..... crazy how rumours spread so easily

RE: Halton Transport - J654UHN - 22/06/2012 21:35

Hi All,

It was recently posted on here that Halton Transport were to receive some Double Deckers, so I asked about it from someone who works for the Local Authority there.

Please see his response below.

Roy,

100% gossip I'm afraid. Advised that no current plans by Halton to source any deckers.

Nick

Hope this helps sort this out for those who like me hoped it might actually be true.

Regards
Roy
COpied from Merseyside buses Yahoo group. Never belived it myself if im honest, Halton have had deckers on demo to them and never been intrested so why suddenly would they be getting them

RE: Halton Transport - ex d.river - 26/06/2012 23:09

talking about the new livery I wonder if it will have any red and blue in it ...... just wondering if thats why a certain bus company have asked for 2 inspectors to go and help monitor the buses down in London for the olympics ...... might just be a canteen rumour .... but I dont think so Angel

RE: Halton Transport - Matrix - 27/06/2012 15:13

Halton also have changes to the 62,increasing the Warrington extension to every 30min from the 29th July.

Also a new x1a service from widnes to Liverpool starts on the same date,but unsure if Halton or arriva are operating it.

Any ideas??

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 27/06/2012 16:51

Im saying nothing about either as I'd no doubt only get moaned at again if I said anything!
Other news, 23 was substituting today once again for bus 20 on the 26, seen operating the service at about half 5 in Widnes. Bus 20 proving to be rather unreliable of late!

RE: Halton Transport - alfie162 - 27/06/2012 21:08

(27/06/2012 16:51)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Im saying nothing about either as I'd no doubt only get moaned at again if I said anything!
Other news, 23 was substituting today once again for bus 20 on the 26, seen operating the service at about half 5 in Widnes. Bus 20 proving to be rather unreliable of late!

i had bus 23 this morning its been on the 26,s all day

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 27/06/2012 21:09

(27/06/2012 16:51)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Im saying nothing about either as I'd no doubt only get moaned at again if I said anything!

Aslong as its not breaking down on the morning 44 it doesnt bother me! :P

RE: Halton Transport - mr t - 28/06/2012 16:09

(27/06/2012 15:13)Matrix Wrote:  Halton also have changes to the 62,increasing the Warrington extension to every 30min from the 29th July.

Also a new x1a service from widnes to Liverpool starts on the same date,but unsure if Halton or arriva are operating it.

Any ideas??

Arriva it comes under