Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - HaltonNational - 03/04/2013 19:50

Anyone managed to read or get a picture of the new sticker in the back window of all Haltons Vehicles? Im not sure because ive not had a close up but i think it has something to do with Cyclists and the buses turning circles.

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 04/04/2013 14:36

(07/03/2013 20:43)3111 Wrote:  
(07/03/2013 20:24)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(07/03/2013 19:11)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Has everybody seen the article about Halton in this weeks bus & coach buyer, one or two might find it interesting.
Nope, spill.
A bit of respect (please?) would be nice...?!

Sorry my mistake, personally always thought deckers tend to have more problems getting around small spaces from my experience but. Like I say it would be very unlikely that they buy deckers. Also the stickers on the backs are pretty much the same as arriva's turning circle ones to warn cyclists, Halton have recived a lot of complaints recently from cyclists. Take a look at youtube and type in "How much space does Halton transport need" theres about 3 or 4 videos of people getting cut up. Please share your ideas on new routes.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 11/04/2013 12:56

Just witnessed Dart 73 going up Dykin Rd on the 62. Sounded very very rough indeed..

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 13/04/2013 17:31

(11/04/2013 12:56)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Just witnessed Dart 73 going up Dykin Rd on the 62. Sounded very very rough indeed..

Yes I seen it myself yesterday working a Liverpool 14 it sounded very unhealthy. Also seen 44 today being drove down Liverpool road sounding a bit worse for wear followed by the yellow fleet surrport van right behind it. Didnt seem to have been in a accident but I think it seems to have had a break down , it did sound very rough.

RE: Halton Transport - HaltonNational - 23/04/2013 19:27

It looks like 75 has had a sprucing up its been freshly painted and either new wheels or new wheel trims have been added to it.

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 25/04/2013 09:57

(23/04/2013 19:27)HaltonNational Wrote:  It looks like 75 has had a sprucing up its been freshly painted and either new wheels or new wheel trims have been added to it.

Iv noticed that nearly all the darts have had new whels added, and iv noticed that darts 71-79 have looked a lot more fresh lately but I presumed they had just had a bloody good wash instead of a repaint but now you mention it, I think they have seen a repaint, just wish halton would hurry up and give them all LEDs as I think 33 and 28 are still the only ones to have been converted. As well I wish that halton would paint that blackboard thing were the rear destination blind is on Darts 71-78 as its really bringing there look down, they look really worn and 74s is nearly white!

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 25/04/2013 19:00

(25/04/2013 09:57)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  
(23/04/2013 19:27)HaltonNational Wrote:  It looks like 75 has had a sprucing up its been freshly painted and either new wheels or new wheel trims have been added to it.

Iv noticed that nearly all the darts have had new whels added, and iv noticed that darts 71-79 have looked a lot more fresh lately but I presumed they had just had a bloody good wash instead of a repaint but now you mention it, I think they have seen a repaint, just wish halton would hurry up and give them all LEDs as I think 33 and 28 are still the only ones to have been converted. As well I wish that halton would paint that blackboard thing were the rear destination blind is on Darts 71-78 as its really bringing there look down, they look really worn and 74s is nearly white!

#75 has looked pretty tidy for a while! But halton have gave a few buses a fresh lick of paint, It's noticeable on the Marshall's and some of the mylleniums (The recent repainted ELC's have extended red at the the rear to the window, rather then the window outline or the Myllenium Spryte bodywork)

#30 and #33 are the LED Marshall Capital 2's

I disagree slightly with your blind comment, #78 has a really good set of destination blinds, very clear, good as new, I saw it today on the 43 and instantly thought it as soon as I saw it, IICR #75 also had quite a good set (and they all function)!

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 26/04/2013 15:56

#57 on 14As again...

RE: Halton Transport - HaltonNational - 26/04/2013 22:54

(25/04/2013 19:00)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(25/04/2013 09:57)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  

#75 has looked pretty tidy for a while! But halton have gave a few buses a fresh lick of paint, It's noticeable on the Marshall's and some of the mylleniums (The recent repainted ELC's have extended red at the the rear to the window, rather then the window outline or the Myllenium Spryte bodywork)

#30 and #33 are the LED Marshall Capital 2's

I disagree slightly with your blind comment, #78 has a really good set of destination blinds, very clear, good as new, I saw it today on the 43 and instantly thought it as soon as I saw it, IICR #75 also had quite a good set (and they all function)!

I personally prefer the roller blinds to the LED's as i love seeing all the expired and dis-used destinations when theyre switching the route. I just wish they would go back to the old handle drivers had to turn to in order change the display rather then the computer system they use now!

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 27/04/2013 17:24

I agree totally the old blinds do look better and I do also love seeing all the old destinations, but they really are quite dated and could do with being replaced on quite a few marshall capitals, and marshall capital 2s. You are right 73 and 75 both have decent blinds and so does 79 and in fairness the rest of the older darts it the new marshall 2s that are the worst but even then there not to bad. Todays spots, 71 seen near chestnut lodge this morning didnt catch what service bad blind wasn't on!!!! 57 on 14a but not seen it again. 27 on a long 14 which is becoming increasingly rare to see a older fleet member on a long route at the weekend apart from that nothing else.