Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - DVL418 - 29/03/2013 10:30

(29/03/2013 07:46)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if/how they will be affected but apparently its the Halton Road Race on Monday and from what I've heard on the radio this means Runcorn/Widnes Bridge is going to be shut in both directions from first thing Monday morning until around Midday so I'm guessing some disruptions to services in the area on Monday until the race is finished

It's an annual event so local operators will (hopefully) have well planned contingency arrangements in place. Anyway usually all over in an hour or so.

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 29/03/2013 13:55

(29/03/2013 10:30)DVL418 Wrote:  
(29/03/2013 07:46)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure if/how they will be affected but apparently its the Halton Road Race on Monday and from what I've heard on the radio this means Runcorn/Widnes Bridge is going to be shut in both directions from first thing Monday morning until around Midday so I'm guessing some disruptions to services in the area on Monday until the race is finished

It's an annual event so local operators will (hopefully) have well planned contingency arrangements in place. Anyway usually all over in an hour or so.

Halton Transport don't operate any serivces to Runcorn on bank holidays, so it should theoretically only affect Arriva services 79C, 82A and 110

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 01/04/2013 21:26

Only a rumour but I have been told that halton is trialing enviro400 deckers next month. Dont get your hopes up it only a rumour. Personally cant see them getting any deckers they dont have a single route that deckers could be justified to run on, also they would be limited in runcorn because of the busways and wouldnt be able to work the 14a/2a because of the round about at the hive which is definitely not going to be able to hanndle a decker, even a 3 point turn would be difficult.

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 01/04/2013 22:07

(01/04/2013 21:26)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  Only a rumour but I have been told that halton is trialing enviro400 deckers next month. Dont get your hopes up it only a rumour. Personally cant see them getting any deckers they dont have a single route that deckers could be justified to run on, also they would be limited in runcorn because of the busways and wouldnt be able to work the 14a/2a because of the round about at the hive which is definitely not going to be able to hanndle a decker, even a 3 point turn would be difficult.

Feels like ages since I've been on here, just catching up now! Laugh

I too have heard this rumour, I can't think either where they would be put to use route-wise unless some sort of change in routes was introduced on the 14 or 61 to avoid low bridges.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 02/04/2013 10:47

Guys, you're the April Fool if it's after midday! :P

RE: Halton Transport - WidnesRuncornBus - 03/04/2013 13:08

Deckers could be used on the 14 but there is no way they could be justified. I havent seen a full 14 except for the odd morning one in quite some time. It really wouldn't be viable to run a decker on the 14a because there is no way that a decker is turning round at the hive a 3 point turn would be difficult and not practical so that rules them out there. The 61 is another route that only tends to see steady numbers and deckers would not be needed here and nor would they be viable because of the busways in runcorn and a few low bridges near huyton and prescot, the 62 again could not have deckers operating it because of the busways.The 17, 17a, 17b have seen decent loading in recent months but again a marshall is perfect for this. That leaves the 26/26a and the 2. The 26/26a has had good loadings but Halton as we all know have only just bought new vechiles for this route and they are coping fine. As for the 2, deckers are not going to be justified in any way because this is a service that is never going to breach its capacity, its to frequent and follows the same route as the 82a which also doesn't see amazing loadings. So this would leave them to operate new routes or school services. It would seem forking out so much extra money for deckers just for them to be used on school services would prove not even pointless but stupid. As for extra routes, we talked about this not to long ago and there isnt really anywere Halton could operate that wouldn't upset another operator or see decent loadings. Sorry for the sa (again) Smile

RE: Halton Transport - buses7675 - 03/04/2013 14:13

(03/04/2013 13:08)WidnesRuncornBus Wrote:  .... there is no way that a decker is turning round at the hive a 3 point turn would be difficult and not practical so that rules them out there

Not trying to argue your case (I agree it is extremely unlikely they'd get deckers!) but your average decker is shorter than most single deckers so if a single deck can get around The Hive, surely a double deck could do?

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 03/04/2013 15:36

I too don't think that they'll get deckers, but disagree with the idea that Halton won't be interested in new or modified routes.
Keep your eyes peeled!

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 03/04/2013 19:02

Believe me, as a driver, deckers are much easier to swing around than the single deckers as they tend to have a shorter wheelbase...

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 03/04/2013 19:29

Not to unlighten the mood guys, but Deckers will not be used to the the large amount of school interworkings there are.

Buses on the 14 etc... are used on school and college services with low bridges too, They are not justified do to the low patrionage a single decker suffices and the nature of some interworkings, not to mention cost of decker buying.