Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 25/01/2013 22:26

its good to see they are at least trying to improve their network and not sit back like most companys are doing

RE: Halton Transport - Wright Eclipse - 25/01/2013 22:34

(25/01/2013 22:26)bolton bus basher Wrote:  its good to see they are at least trying to improve their network and not sit back like most companys are doing

exactly

what do people want?,new buses but with lower frequencys/eve + sunday service cuts/higher fares to fund them?....

but then people would complain about that so it looks like they carnt win either way

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 25/01/2013 23:10

(25/01/2013 17:36)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  #7 has a geabox problem simular to #3
Both producing very loud and usual noises, with a decent turn of speed!

The rear seat on #29 is presumeably fixed, and is no longer creaking

Has anyone seen #71 lately? It's not been on the Cronton runs from what I've seen.

Had #7 earlier, know what you mean, If you want to hear a strange sounding bus though, have a listen to #10, not sounding too clever!
71 was on the 17A on Wednesday, but thats the only time I have seen it recently Smile
I think the new MD has done a whole lot of good for the company, I just hope this turns it around for Halton and their recent decline continues no more, municipals are few and far between as it is, we don't want any more disappearing!

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 25/01/2013 23:19

what he wants to do now is give people more options on where to travel with the company if they want to stay afloat as you got arriva in the area with their weeklys that are valid for a great distance!

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 25/01/2013 23:27

(25/01/2013 23:19)bolton bus basher Wrote:  what he wants to do now is give people more options on where to travel with the company if they want to stay afloat as you got arriva in the area with their weeklys that are valid for a great distance!

Never knew you were a mind reader, how do you know this is what he wants? :P
In all fairness you kind of have a point, Halton really have to contend with Arriva's day tickets, they have to show why people should get their buses. I reckon the starting point should be to take a leaf out of Arrivas book with regards to routes and look at timings, and where they could make slight alterations to routes to make them more profitable.

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 26/01/2013 07:43

i think that would be the step forward for them if they do that lol

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 26/01/2013 11:22

(25/01/2013 23:10)K853 MTJ Wrote:  

Has anyone seen #71 lately? It's not been on the Cronton runs from what I've seen.

Had #7 earlier, know what you mean, If you want to hear a strange sounding bus though, have a listen to #10, not sounding too clever!
71 was on the 17A on Wednesday, but thats the only time I have seen it recently Smile
Cheers for that!

How very dare Halton Transport buy "new" buses for a new service! It's discusting!
How dare they re-instate the 26 of a saturday!
How dare they run into an area with completely no bus service and provide one!
How dare they have a completely 100% low floor fleet!
How dare they introduce 2 Warrington - riverside college services this year due to complaints about arriva's 6!
How dare they offer the change to travel from as far as Warrington to Liverpool and back for £3.80!

It's a complete scandelous outrage!

RE: Halton Transport - Wright Eclipse - 26/01/2013 13:56

(26/01/2013 11:22)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  

Cheers for that!

How very dare Halton Transport buy "new" buses for a new service! It's discusting!
How dare they introduce 2 Warrington - riverside college services this year due to complaints about arriva's 6!
How dare they offer the change to travel from as far as Warrington to Liverpool and back for £3.80!

shocking - im surprised people dare travel with them - those 6 points are some of the most awfull things ive heard about in the last 12 month LOL

RE: Halton Transport - DVL418 - 26/01/2013 20:25

(26/01/2013 11:22)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  

Cheers for that!

Indeed!!! Angry

However you forgot one:

How dare they paint buses in a simple functional livery instead of plastering them with contravision and vinyls!!

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 26/01/2013 20:38

The solo still looks pants I'm afraid guys..