Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 20/01/2013 22:20

I'm not a huge fan of the Solo as it stands but I just feel that image doesn't do the bus any justice whatsoever....

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 20/01/2013 22:21

Looks more like a tram than a bus...

RE: Halton Transport - St Helens Rider - 20/01/2013 22:39

(20/01/2013 22:21)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Looks more like a tram than a bus...

That's ironic considering where these solos came from!

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 20/01/2013 22:57

Haha very true bud..

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 22/01/2013 21:37

I really must shockingly commend Halton Transport with regards to their advertising for the 26/26A!

So far there has been:
- Mention on the website
- 2x Posters on inside of most/all buses (Regularly replaced if "removed by passing Rhys")
- Information + Timetables on all route bus stops, a month in advance
- Timetable on merseytravel scince December
- Posters posted around the Cronton college site
- PDF doccuments sent to the college containing the service details in college tutorials
- Passenger Information leaflets/flyers showing timetable, benefits and route diagrams

There may also be a mention in the local paper but don't quote me!

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 22/01/2013 22:20

(22/01/2013 21:37)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I really must shockingly commend Halton Transport with regards to their advertising for the 26/26A!

So far there has been:
- Mention on the website
- 2x Posters on inside of most/all buses (Regularly replaced if "removed by passing Rhys")
- Information + Timetables on all route bus stops, a month in advance
- Timetable on merseytravel scince December
- Posters posted around the Cronton college site
- PDF doccuments sent to the college containing the service details in college tutorials
- Passenger Information leaflets/flyers showing timetable, benefits and route diagrams

There may also be a mention in the local paper but don't quote me!

Agreed! I really think this may be the first of Halton Transport's route changes in a while, where they have sussesed out how to correctly put details of changes across to the public.

With 8 days left of the current 26 route, I think all regular users of the service are aware of the changes ahead. I've heard many people on the 26 talking about the changes after seeing the posters.

I think I'm actually going to miss the current 26! I hope the #20 makes a return to the new 26/A! LOL

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 22/01/2013 23:03

(22/01/2013 22:20)GWD0595 Wrote:  Agreed! I really think this may be the first of Halton Transport's route changes in a while, where they have sussesed out how to correctly put details of changes across to the public.

With 8 days left of the current 26 route, I think all regular users of the service are aware of the changes ahead. I've heard many people on the 26 talking about the changes after seeing the posters.

I think I'm actually going to miss the current 26! I hope the #20 makes a return to the new 26/A! LOL

I think that's likely to be a stand-in sometimes!
Usually though, maybe it will be on lighter school runs or put on the 2?
The third Solo will probably do the same on days when they're all out.

RE: Halton Transport - merseybus - 23/01/2013 23:16

The other solo will be used on a route starting around beginning of april in runcorn!! Watch this space

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 23/01/2013 23:59

(23/01/2013 23:16)merseybus Wrote:  The other solo will be used on a route starting around beginning of april in runcorn!! Watch this space

Wow! All eyes on VOSA :P

Does anyone know what happened about the X1a, by the way?

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 24/01/2013 19:17

#75 was on the 26 today, later replaced by #20