Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - J654UHN - 14/01/2013 13:17

I have been informed that Haltons Leyland Roadtrain Recovery Truck is being sold off and they have a buyer lined up

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 14/01/2013 17:51

Was on #20 was on the 26 earlier today, cycled through gears 1, 2 and 3 but would not change into 4th no matter how much encouragement it was given by the driver. It was booked off a trip or two later and replaced by #22.

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 16/01/2013 19:04

First time it's ever happened to me, but a Halton Transport inspector hopped on route 26 today to check everyone's tickets. Nothing really along the lines of "breaking news", just thought I'd share Smile

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 16/01/2013 21:25

(16/01/2013 19:04)GWD0595 Wrote:  First time it's ever happened to me, but a Halton Transport inspector hopped on route 26 today to check everyone's tickets. Nothing really along the lines of "breaking news", just thought I'd share Smile
They've been trying to crack down the mis-use of Riverside College bus passes lately.

I had my morning, and late 44 pulled over to the side of the road in Hough Green by 2 revenue inspectors last month. The bus arrived at Cronton Campus 12 minutes late, though one person was cought using a "Solo" pass for merseyside (only valid on the 46)

RE: Halton Transport - DVL418 - 16/01/2013 21:36

(16/01/2013 21:25)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(16/01/2013 19:04)GWD0595 Wrote:  First time it's ever happened to me, but a Halton Transport inspector hopped on route 26 today to check everyone's tickets. Nothing really along the lines of "breaking news", just thought I'd share Smile
They've been trying to crack down the mis-use of Riverside College bus passes lately.

I had my morning, and late 44 pulled over to the side of the road in Hough Green by 2 revenue inspectors last month. The bus arrived at Cronton Campus 12 minutes late, though one person was cought using a "Solo" pass for merseyside (only valid on the 46)

Good to see a operator cracking down on this fraud - having seen some examples of forged or doctored passes etc. next to the genuine item it's not suprising drivers don't spot them at busy times.

RE: Halton Transport - Jack - 17/01/2013 21:50

There were Arriva inspectors checking on buses at Carmel College the other day too.

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 18/01/2013 19:43

I'm also glad to see them cracking down on the number of forged tickets.

For the record #73 (or one of the 70's, can't remember which one exactly!) was operating the 26 today, possibly to cope with the amount of students leaving Cronton College early?

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what Halton Transport's livery will look like on the Solo's, have they actually had them made up with HT livery yet?

RE: Halton Transport - merseybus - 18/01/2013 19:53

The minibuses 55, 56, 57 have all been completed with the livery and fitted new Hanover Led displays.

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 18/01/2013 20:28

Oh I didn't know that! That was pretty quick! Can't wait to see the completed results!

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 18/01/2013 22:08

#73 was out all day, with #20 parked up in the yard and not on the pits for whatever reason!
Walked past the depot earlier and seen one of the Solos parked at the back. Looking back on the picture I took, I was in 2 minds if it had been painted but if merseybus says they have, then that means they've been painted in a new livery as previously suggested! I couldn't see much in the dark and it was at the back corner of the shed, but it looks a darker red, more crimson. It looked very reminiscent of Lothian's livery, with the red seemingly following the bodyline underneath the windows all along. As I said, it was dark, and the snow didn't help visibility, but from what I could see it looks very good indeed! It'll be interesting to see how everything else looks in this new livery if indeed it's going to be adopted as the new standard fleet livery.