Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 24/12/2012 22:03

Ill try to have a nosey later in the week mate, want to see how they look if indeed they have arrived!

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 25/12/2012 18:43

This adds to the 26(a)/13(a) story: note it's a variation of route, stopping places and timetable, rather than a cancellation!
Eves/Suns maybe?

PC1083068/3 - WIDNES COMMERCIAL MOTORS LTD, 32 BRIARFIELD AVENUE, HOUGH GREEN, WIDNES, WA8 8JZ
Variation Accepted: Operating between Cherry Sutton, Widnes and Green Oaks, Widnes, (Circular) given service number 13/13a effective from 16-Feb-2013. To amend Route, Stopping Places and Timetable.

By the way, I don't think it will matter if something with blinds ends up on the 26(a): they can just use 'Green Oaks'.
Also, it looks from the timetable like the driver who operates the 0725 26a from Cronton won't get any layover until 0955 -- bit risky!
And it seems odd that the last 26 from Green Oaks (arr. Cronton 1803) doesn't run onto the last 26a (ex Cronton 1759), but then I'm sure they know what they're doing and there will be a vehicle running off something else which will cover this trip.

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 25/12/2012 20:16

Well there we have it, my college bus is totally ruined! Laugh
Now means that me and a few mates are unable to use the 26/26A at various points of the day because of the timings.
But I have noticed they have kept the popular 8.34 which gets to Cronton college before the start of the day (if your lucky).

I'd personally e-mail them about this, but I've been told by people on the desks that "e-mails are barely glanced at" and to "call up" instead.

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 26/12/2012 20:53

Hmm... I've just looked at the timetable for the new 26/A services - appears that West Bank is missed off by this service now, which (correct me if I'm wrong :P) just leaves the 2/A serving this area?

On another note, looks like there are some slight changes coming to the 61 (or 161) towards the end of January '13. According to the Merseytravel timetable for the service, "Route 161: buses are renumbered 61 and are now operated for Merseytravel by Eazibus. The Sunday afternoon bus from Rainhill to Huyton is withdrawn. (Halton Transport’s Route 61 is unchanged.)" Probably not much of a biggie, just thought I'd point it out! Smile

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 27/12/2012 17:25

No sign of any Solos! Had a drive past all parts of the depot, not in the back yard, in the bus park or in the main building, so unless they are tucked away in a secret part of the building I don't know about, I can safely say theres nothing but Darts still at Halton! :P

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 01/01/2013 13:16

Oh no! Can only hope they are hidden from sight then! :-P

A question about the buses which have had the destination blinds replaced with the LED displays - have the number blinds on the back been changed too? One drove past me yesterday but I completely forgot to look at the back of the bus! Oops!

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 01/01/2013 13:28

(01/01/2013 13:16)GWD0595 Wrote:  Oh no! Can only hope they are hidden from sight then! :-P

A question about the buses which have had the destination blinds replaced with the LED displays - have the number blinds on the back been changed too? One drove past me yesterday but I completely forgot to look at the back of the bus! Oops!

Nope, just unpugged!

Seeing as they have left the blind software in the cabs, as well as fitting the new controllers, if there is still power to the old ones you could theoretically set the blinds up seperately for side and rear!

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 02/01/2013 12:08

Apologies for the poor quality but a bit of an impromptu shot to show one of the Marshalls with LEDs. I dont think theres any other pics showing them upto now!

[attachment=131]

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 02/01/2013 13:54

Fantastic picture! :-) So am I right in thinking even the newer vehicles (e.g. the Enviro's) are getting the new displays or just the likes of the Marshall Capital's etc?

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 02/01/2013 17:03

Probably just buses with Powerblinds first mate :-)