Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 06/12/2012 10:45

Got one yesterday mate! On The North West Bus Blogs facebook page.

[attachment=125]

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 06/12/2012 17:39

Sorry!
As you've probably guess I'm loosing interest in buses lately and only check here when I can with my phone Laugh

(mines on my flickr, link in the usual)

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 06/12/2012 19:12

No worries :P Better pic than mine, mine was taken on my phone, a rushed one really. Passed it in Widnes early in the afternoon then by chance I seen it just in front of the car on the way to Warrington later. Cue hanging out the window to get a half decent shot on my phone :P Hope to get a better one tomorrow if I can.

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 07/12/2012 10:54

#20 on the 2

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 07/12/2012 17:38

The SR was on the 26 again running over 15mins late when I caught it at 5 past 4 West Bank bound.
Overall a very nice bus, smooth ride and ideal for a tight route like the 26. Of note, it has the ticket machine from one of the old step Darts as its showing Bus 65 on its tickets!

RE: Halton Transport - CX54 DKD - 07/12/2012 22:43

Noted on one of Halton's Enviros whilst on Rainford schools this afternoon that they appear to have begun painting the rear light surrounds from the standard grey into the same cream as the livery base - looks much better I have to say!

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 07/12/2012 23:36

14 has been like that since almost new. Would look good if they were the same shade of cream! Not noticed any others having it done yet but that said I havent really been looking! :-)

RE: Halton Transport - GWD0595 - 13/12/2012 17:53

Hi, I'm new to the forums Smile Noticed the #20 is back on the 26 service this week. Does anybody know then if Halton Transport will be ordering more Optare Solo SR's? Got the chance to ride on the Solo last week when it was on the 26, personally, I think they are perfect for the shorter local journeys.

Also of note - #76 on the 62 today Smile

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 13/12/2012 18:48

Who knows! Will be interesting to see if Halton do actually bother ordering anything at all! Personally I think they should look at maybe refurbishing some vehicles to improve their image. Its anyones guess what they may order if the future however! The Solo was very nice, I agree, ideal for the 26 and seemed to cope ok on the 2 on Saturday!

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 13/12/2012 22:02

(13/12/2012 17:53)GWD0595 Wrote:  Hi, I'm new to the forums Smile Noticed the #20 is back on the 26 service this week. Does anybody know then if Halton Transport will be ordering more Optare Solo SR's? Got the chance to ride on the Solo last week when it was on the 26, personally, I think they are perfect for the shorter local journeys.

Also of note - #76 on the 62 today Smile

Hello and welcome!
Most of us on this forum don't bite, but just watch out because some do! LOL

I've just had a look on VOSA and found that the 26 will become every 20 minutes, assumedly operating one full-length and two short journeys per hour.
Or it might be that the 26 will be combined with something else to create a different through service rather than serving West Bank as currently, which would be every 20 minutes on one side of town and every hour on the other.
The 'via Milton Road' part seems to suggest the latter, but really it's anyone's guess!
Any cancellations or amendments which come through in the near future might indicate what is going on here.
If only we could get our hands on the 'enclosed timetable'!

Note also that the service has been registered Mon-Sat, reintroducing the Saturday 26.

PC0001376/122 - HALTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD T/A HALTON TRANSPORT, MOOR LANE, WIDNES, WA8 7AF
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Cronton and West Bank given service number 26 effective from 04-Feb-2013.

PC0001376/130 - HALTON BOROUGH TRANSPORT LTD T/A HALTON TRANSPORT, MOOR LANE, WIDNES, WA8 7AF
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Widnes Green Oaks
Finish Point: Widnes Green Oaks
Via: Milton Road
Service Number: 26
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 04-FEB-2013
Other Details: Mon to Sat Every 20 minutes as the enclosed timetable