Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 14/06/2012 16:35

(14/06/2012 16:25)anw2015 Wrote:  
(14/06/2012 16:05)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Fleet maintenance does seem to have gone down the pan of late. You have this breakdown, as well as the fact J654 said how he seen the Halton tow truck travelling to yet another breakdown a few days ago.
To add to the above, bus 20 wasn't in service the other day when I was in Widnes, one of the Marshall 1s was covering for it on the 26. Seems to be very unreliable of late!

I hardly think you can say that maintenance is going down the pan based on 2 breakdowns! As you can see with Arriva marshall darts don't seem to be the most reliable thing in the world!

I think I can if I see buses everyday that are sounding rougher by the day. This coupled with the appearance of the oldest vehicles in the fleet which would usually be confined to schools appearing on Saturday services somehow suggests to me the usual allocation has gone somewhere, most likely over the pits judging by recent noseys in the garage area when walking past!

RE: Halton Transport - anw2015 - 14/06/2012 17:26

If you stated that also that would be credible. It just sounded like you were judging it on those two breakdowns!

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 14/06/2012 18:58

No worries mate, me and my poor way of phrasing things to blame!
Tis a shame to see things the way they are now, there was one time when operators would queue up to take on Haltons second hand stock due to the fantastic way in which they looked after it! Oh how times have changed!
Anyone else think they wouldn't have this problem with Leyland Lynxes Wink

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 14/06/2012 20:23

(14/06/2012 16:18)buses7675 Wrote:  
(14/06/2012 07:49)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Halton 20 (the Mini marshall) broke down near Hartsbourne Heights on Riverside College service 44 this.morning.

Means that students to Cronton (such as myself) have no alternate service unless they get a 14 to Widnes and 61 to Farnworth

Weren't Hartsbourne Heights knocked down in about 2004?!

I know were you mean though, the junction of Childwall Valley & Hartsbourne Avenue!
Yup, thats the place!

Just best to look on the brightside of this and possitively be thankful it wasn't exam season!

RE: Halton Transport - ex d.river - 15/06/2012 21:04

(14/06/2012 16:31)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Seeing Halton buses everyday, I have been noticing a difference in the vehicles. Most notably, Ealot more ELCs seen to now have the fan permanently on which is disappointing for me personally!
Some MCVs are sounding a bit rough as well, but at the same time they have done some thing to AE59 AWF (11), that thing is now a rocket!

dont tell the fitters about number 11 haha Big Grin

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 15/06/2012 22:15

Too right mate :P Definitely worth a ride if anyone has the chance!

RE: Halton Transport - merseybus - 17/06/2012 01:06

14 service reregistered from 2nd of august got more running time. Service 12 withdrawn completely. Service 2 to sun every 15mins and to serve "the hive" new retail park. 4 minibuses getting bought and 6 double deckers. And also new livery for the whole fleet.

RE: Halton Transport - buses7675 - 17/06/2012 14:33

Sounds interesting, any idea what types of buses are due, when they are due and what services they are for?!

Admittedly a lot of questions but it has to be asked!

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 17/06/2012 14:35

sounds like haltons money problems have been sorted out then as if it was not they would not been getting more buses :P

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 17/06/2012 16:04

Not happy about the 12 going, I like that route :P Alternative way to get home, always has decent buses on as well when I get it!
Fingers crossed the above turns out to be true apart from that though, interesting times!
Personally for the new buses I'd think that assuming all of them are brand new, they'd be Enviros (8.8ms for minis and Enviro 400s, most likely Tridents for deckers).
If they are new deckers, I wonder what service they would be for, because I think schools is out of the question for brand new vehicles! If they aren't new, what are they going to be?
a lot of questions to be asked as Steve says!