Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - motormayhem1 - 24/01/2020 20:56

I've heard ashcrofts will be doing the 26/27.

RE: Halton Transport - buses7675 - 24/01/2020 20:57

Ashcrofts are saying they will be operating 26/26A & 27/27A from Monday along with school routes 10, 38, J23 & J53

RE: Halton Transport - Bevan Price - 24/01/2020 21:14

(24/01/2020 12:52)T42 PVM Wrote:  Apparently the Liverpool Echo are jumping the gun and that some Halton Buses are still out in service

A very limited service did operate today (24 Jan.) - someone said it was by some unpaid volunteer drivers. In mid-afternoon, Widnes locals 26/26A/27 seemed to be almost normal. There were a handful of buses seen on 14A (to Hough Green only), 17 & 61, but not much else.

RE: Halton Transport - buses7675 - 24/01/2020 22:08

Well end of a very sad day for the local bus scene really - End of an era - Halton Transport - operator of 111 years comes to a close.

Hopefully all the drivers, mechanics, fitters and other staff find alternative employment speedily and most services continue to operate in some form with other operators.

On a different note this also drastically reduces the number of Darts SLFs operating in Merseyside, I think we are down to just the 5 that are now at Stagecoach, 1 at Helms, 1 at Presidential, 4 at HTL and around 5/6 (I'm not totally sure) at Hattons - Another thread I think needed for that but a shame - Last Darts too with bodies other than Pointers 2s.

RE: Halton Transport - jon1 - 24/01/2020 23:09

Indeed a great shame and a sad end.

Go back 15 years and Halton fleet were the best presented in the region. Power blinds front, side and rear, when the rest could barely be bothered to display a destination on the front.

Good luck to the former staff.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 24/01/2020 23:41

From Warrington's Own Buses:
"From Saturday 25th January 2020 we will provide evening services 20 & 20A in Runcorn.
From Sunday 26th January 2020 we will provide service 3D, 20 & 20A in Runcorn.
From Monday 27th January 2020 we will provide service 62 & 62A between Warrington and Halebank, all services to Riverside & Cronton College and the 20 & 20A evening services."

See here for the full announcement and links to the timetables:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/news/halton-transport-services-20

RE: Halton Transport - teenagewasteland - 25/01/2020 00:27

It's ironic how neither Arriva nor Stagecoach stepped in at an early stage to buy out the company, Halton BC would have bitten their arms off.

Nope, best to let the operation completely collapse and then pick up any profitable pieces left behind - a cheaper option. The folly of deregulation is amply demonstrated by this sorry situation.

Arriva's advertisement for staff earlier on this week suggests they knew something was going to happen.

RE: Halton Transport - chris217 - 25/01/2020 00:46

https://youtu.be/XQ2aOkDmQ4o

Glad I did this video now.

All the best to all the staff at Halton Transport.

RE: Halton Transport - jon1 - 25/01/2020 00:56

(25/01/2020 00:27)teenagewasteland Wrote:  It's ironic how neither Arriva nor Stagecoach stepped in at an early stage to buy out the company, Halton BC would have bitten their arms off.

Nope, best to let the operation completely collapse and then pick up any profitable pieces left behind - a cheaper option. The folly of deregulation is amply demonstrated by this sorry situation.

Arriva's advertisement for staff earlier on this week suggests they knew something was going to happen.

Why would anyone buy a debt of almost £1,000,000 to aquire a bunch if life expired buses (and in the case of stagecoach some they have only just off loaded and were still in their livery less than a month ago) and a depot they don't need?

Of course Halton Council would have bitten their arms off, alas noone is that stupid.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 25/01/2020 01:18

(24/01/2020 16:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Thought that would happen. It will certainly mess up the frequency on the Sutton Manor corridor unless the 30 gets dropped to every 30 minutes to make it equal.

Hope they could co-ordinate the 7 with the 17 to enable connections at Lunts Heath, as both will be half-hourly. I know it's a pipe dream, haha.
When I used to commute on the 17, it always annoyed me that the 17 and 30 are co-ordinated ok with roughly even headway during the day but are not co-ordinated in the peaks, when it's more important, as the 17 gets extra running time in the peaks - so sometimes floods of people onto one vehicle, then the one behind running almost empty.