Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - johnluke - 17/01/2020 15:00

This doesn't look good ..I just hope that this gives them a kick and make the company better

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 19/01/2020 07:22

A Lot of rumors on the internet saying Halton will Cease trading after play today

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 19/01/2020 09:47

(19/01/2020 07:22)T42 PVM Wrote:  A Lot of rumors on the internet saying Halton will Cease trading after play today

I heard a similar rumour last week sadly

RE: Halton Transport - B10B6514 - 19/01/2020 12:11

Very distressing news although the signs of things being seriously wrong were there in the complete inability to adequately invest.

Buying 13-15 years old vehicles does not gleen confidence especially as there are plenty of midlife vehicles on the market at very attractive prices.

Very sad that one of the last standing, stalwart coucil companies has succumbed if this is true. Shame to see a one time bastion of the industry come to an ignomious end.

RE: Halton Transport - MTL0201 - 19/01/2020 12:52

Quite shocked by this, 61 is quite busy route especially Huyton-Runcorn, i was on it the other week & it was at least half full, to 3 quarters full & this was a lunchtime journey, 61 alaso has the route in Runcorn that Arriva no longer operate evenings & Sundays after withdrawing the 82A, what will happen to these, plus Halton have a few School routes in Liverpool & St Helens

RE: Halton Transport - Y458 KNF - 19/01/2020 13:38

(19/01/2020 12:52)MTL0201 Wrote:  Quite shocked by this, 61 is quite busy route especially Huyton-Runcorn, i was on it the other week & it was at least half full, to 3 quarters full & this was a lunchtime journey, 61 alaso has the route in Runcorn that Arriva no longer operate evenings & Sundays after withdrawing the 82A, what will happen to these, plus Halton have a few School routes in Liverpool & St Helens

Would Stagecoach be allowed to take over Haltons busy routes?

RE: Halton Transport - chester285 - 19/01/2020 13:47

(19/01/2020 13:38)darylyates17 Wrote:  Would Stagecoach be allowed to take over Haltons busy routes?

I would imagine there is more chance of stagecoach being allowed than arriva due to Stagecoach's lack of presence in the area

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 19/01/2020 14:04

Lets just remember, Anyone can read this Forum including Employee's of the Operator Smile

RE: Halton Transport - johnluke - 19/01/2020 14:50

Was it known all along ie stagecoach withdrawing their widnes journey and arriva trying to withdrew their x1 in preparation for this?

RE: Halton Transport - cfm146g - 19/01/2020 16:08

(19/01/2020 14:50)johnluke Wrote:  Was it known all along ie stagecoach withdrawing their widnes journey and arriva trying to withdrew their x1 in preparation for this?

No. The bus network in Halton is not a cash cow as some seem to think. Stagecoach did not carry much on the X5. Arriva invested heavily with the Strider fleet in 2006 after losing out to Halton over the previous years since deregulation. This was to Halton's detriment but neither company is making a good run of it now and neither wants to back down from running services covering much the same areas with, between them, too many buses chasing too few passengers.
The common sense solution would be a quality partnership in the area. Both companies could reduce frequency and vehicle workings and share routes or take areas exclusively between them to make a leaner operation more profitable for both. But competition laws prevent this being agreed outside the QP framework and I am not aware of any moves to set up any such scheme.
Yes, there is a sort of bus war but a chronic disorder going back to the first registrations after Dereg in early 87 when Crosville registered the H20-25 services to run around the town centre and housing areas in Widnes instead of down the main roads. Since then it has been a stand off with the early advantage to Halton but tipping the other way in 2006. Where it will end is still anyone's guess.