Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - johnluke - 12/03/2019 18:12

Just look on the halton council website you can find all the minutes of meetings

RE: Halton Transport - jeff1637 - 12/03/2019 18:21

Of possible (or, indeed, literally no) relevance is a Twitter post made by a well-known industry figure just over a week ago which has set the rumour mill in action that said figure's organisation is poised to purchase Halton.

I've deliberately not named names, on the basis that it could be a case of 2+2=5!

Jeff

RE: Halton Transport - MPTE1955 - 12/03/2019 18:29

Wouldnt be a massive surprise as Halton could still do with a good fleet upgrade. Local authorities wouldn't really want to spend money on a bus service unless it was making a big profit. Think we should just wait and see what happens.

RE: Halton Transport - johnluke - 12/03/2019 18:30

(12/03/2019 18:21)jeff1637 Wrote:  Of possible (or, indeed, literally no) relevance is a Twitter post made by a well-known industry figure just over a week ago which has set the rumour mill in action that said figure's organisation is poised to purchase Halton.

I've deliberately not named names, on the basis that it could be a case of 2+2=5!

Jeff

Is it supposed to be arriva or stagecoach

RE: Halton Transport - Y458 KNF - 12/03/2019 18:52

I doubt it will be Arriva since they already have a depot in Halton I’m guessing it most likely that Stagecoach would buy them out but again we won’t know until it happens and that’s if it does

RE: Halton Transport - MPTE1955 - 12/03/2019 19:11

Arriva wouldn't get it through the TC, Stagecoach or another group would be most likely. Time will tell if it happens as for now it's speculation with no actual facts.

RE: Halton Transport - buses7675 - 12/03/2019 19:24

Just a heads up, as ever with such speculation, please be careful as drivers and other staff do work for Halton who may see this so we don't want to cause any undue stress to them regarding their jobs. I'm sure if there is any sale of any sort, an announcement will be made in due course.

RE: Halton Transport - Bevan Price - 12/03/2019 23:00

Here we go again - more unsubstantiated rumours. Just because something appears on social media does not mean it is true. May be just wishful thinking by someone who would like to get their hands on Halton Transport.

Experience of takeovers elsewhere is that they rarely give benefits for the passengers. Maybe a token few new buses, but often followed by service reductions and/or higher fares.....

RE: Halton Transport - iMarkeh - 13/03/2019 03:56

(12/03/2019 23:00)Bevan Price Wrote:  Here we go again - more unsubstantiated rumours. Just because something appears on social media does not mean it is true. May be just wishful thinking by someone who would like to get their hands on Halton Transport.

Experience of takeovers elsewhere is that they rarely give benefits for the passengers. Maybe a token few new buses, but often followed by service reductions and/or higher fares.....
It took around 6 years for that to be the case in Chester with Stagecoach. While there have been some service cuts, there has also been new services and big improvements (gold, X8, extended X2, much bigger area valid on day ticket, sunday buses on Blacons. I could continue. Some takeovers can be bad news for passengers but I think Halton could be different because of how competitive Arriva are in the area. Forever playing silly sods trying to rid competition. Halton isn't one of those areas where you are the only operator and can do as you wish. It is surrounded by competition and fare saving schemes (like MyTicket and the Merseytravel tickets on the 14, 61 and 17)

RE: Halton Transport - 6122 - 13/03/2019 12:22

There was a meeting between management and staff on the 5th March. This was more to do with saving money as a company, wages and conditions etc. Nothing mentioned about a sale. But what was mentioned was significant for the employees. No money available, we need to save money. Sad really, a buy-out would hopefully benefit the employees, sad to see the company the way it is now.