Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - Bevan Price - 16/08/2012 22:10

Digital displays are best photographed at slow shutter speeds (1/60th second or less), unfortunately this needs the bus to be stopped or moving very slowly.

(12/08/2012 19:03)Valandil Wrote:  Gah! I travel all that way just to get a shot of the 801, and what do I get but a scrambled display! Both half of the display not working (displaying 'S . . d Avenue'), and also only a line a few pixels thick shows up on the photo, due to the type of display.

In fact, I couldn't get decent photos out of the 12a or 14a either, due to the same problem.
There was at least one Enviro out on the 14a, but I only managed to photo that towards Liverpool; but it was the 'Waterfront, The Hive' destination that I was out for.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 17/08/2012 01:52

(16/08/2012 09:51)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  The 17/A will intetwork with another service probably

But which one, is the question?
Especially to begin with, before any further service changes come through.

Some pointless speculation: in a small while, if the 62 does become half-hourly to Warrington, they might 'fill in the gaps' to create a service to Weates Close / Bancroft Road every 15 minutes.
This arrangement would allow a bit of extra layover on the 62 as well.

RE: Halton Transport - J654UHN - 17/08/2012 14:58

Not had chance to post due to being on nights this week but i saw a halton ELC on the 14A going down Allerton Road which is well off route

RE: Halton Transport - buses7675 - 17/08/2012 15:03

I believe there was an accident on Wavertree High Street yesterday (someone knocked over by Sandown Lane) so that could possibly be a diversion as the road was closed.

RE: Halton Transport - J654UHN - 17/08/2012 15:30

Ah ye that would explain it cheers Steve. had to do a double take when i saw it as its rare to see halton down them ways

RE: Halton Transport - mr t - 17/08/2012 19:49

Yeah, Halton diverted via Chuch Road, Penny Lane/Allerton Road for some reason, one of Runcorns Pulsars had to do a 3 point turn on the High Street and went up Mill Lane and Through the Tech Park, while one of Spekes 79 ended up going down Edge Lane, past retail the park (with the 7 behind it!), then along Durning Road.

RE: Halton Transport - buses7675 - 17/08/2012 20:01

Blimey I wish I'd been there to see a Pulsar doing a 3 point turn! Might be three lanes wide but its probably still quite tight turning a near 12M bus around on the High Street!

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 18/08/2012 11:13

(16/08/2012 11:34)tinytears87 Wrote:  The 17's used to interwork with the 2's. Not sure if they still do tho.

Nope, hasn't done for a while now mate, although it's likely it will return to doing so with these changes.
Seems the route network is being overhauled somewhat with all of these recent changes, the majority seem to be for the better.
Wonder if there will be any new vehicles for Halton this year, they took a year off last year but I wonder if more midi buses with come in the replace SPDs?

RE: Halton Transport - mr t - 19/08/2012 17:28

Number 9 has been involved in a incident at the 5 ways, I think someone has been knocked down, as there was only the bus, police & ambulance there. No visible damage either which stregthens that theory.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 19/08/2012 17:54

(18/08/2012 11:13)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Nope, hasn't done for a while now mate, although it's likely it will return to doing so with these changes.
Seems the route network is being overhauled somewhat with all of these recent changes, the majority seem to be for the better.
Wonder if there will be any new vehicles for Halton this year, they took a year off last year but I wonder if more midi buses with come in the replace SPDs?

There is that idea of getting a small bus for the 26 too.