Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 17/08/2018 07:04

Not required in summer holidays

RE: Halton Transport - Busguy12 - 17/08/2018 07:13

I presume they have brought there 5 12 plate enviro 200s then, currently 112, 212, 312, 412, 512

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 17/08/2018 07:31

(17/08/2018 07:13)Busguy12 Wrote:  I presume they have brought there 5 12 plate enviro 200s then, currently 112, 212, 312, 412, 512

Yes, MX12 JXD should already be here

RE: Halton Transport - Mayneway - 17/08/2018 09:39

(16/08/2018 11:12)johnluke Wrote:  We do talk about halton being taken over by arriva or stagecoach..maybe Warrington could take over it would be a good extended municipal just like Blackpool taking over fylde..any thoughts gents?

It wouldn't be network warrington buying it though it would be Warrington council and at the moment all spending is heavily scrutinised and with the on off proposed changes to the bus industry threatened I just think it would be looked upon as very risky.

RE: Halton Transport - johnluke - 19/08/2018 19:21

Looks like there is a quiet bus war starting stagecoach v arriva arriva started with a front screen advert weekly £15 not stagecoach doing the same thing but £14 and a new route to Widnes.. arriva now offering cheaper fares in halton and Widnes.. is this to stop the stagecoach incursion?? I can't see it affecting halton too much is the war between the big two gonna get out of hand and the alliance hangs in the balance whereas merseytravel introduce the franchise's thus giving the opportunity for halton transport to get bigger with new contracts

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 19/08/2018 19:38

(19/08/2018 19:21)johnluke Wrote:  Looks like there is a quiet bus war starting stagecoach v arriva arriva started with a front screen advert weekly £15 not stagecoach doing the same thing but £14 and a new route to Widnes.. arriva now offering cheaper fares in halton and Widnes.. is this to stop the stagecoach incursion?? I can't see it affecting halton too much is the war between the big two gonna get out of hand and the alliance hangs in the balance whereas merseytravel introduce the franchise's thus giving the opportunity for halton transport to get bigger with new contracts

Where are Stagecoach operating in Widnes?

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 19/08/2018 19:40

(19/08/2018 19:38)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Where are Stagecoach operating in Widnes?

Widnes Crows Nest - Liverpool from September numbered X5

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 19/08/2018 19:47

https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publictransport/pdf/BusTimetables/TimetableX5.pdf

JUst seen the timetable now, very interesting indeed. Looks like a potential first step in taking on Halton and Arriva in Widnes..

RE: Halton Transport - iMarkeh - 19/08/2018 20:57

(19/08/2018 19:21)johnluke Wrote:  Looks like there is a quiet bus war starting stagecoach v arriva arriva started with a front screen advert weekly £15 not stagecoach doing the same thing but £14 and a new route to Widnes.. arriva now offering cheaper fares in halton and Widnes.. is this to stop the stagecoach incursion?? I can't see it affecting halton too much is the war between the big two gonna get out of hand and the alliance hangs in the balance whereas merseytravel introduce the franchise's thus giving the opportunity for halton transport to get bigger with new contracts
I think you have blown that well out of proportion. Yes there is competition but in no way will it cause a war. Both companies have far too much to lose by going into a war. Just look at the 47 and X2. Both Stagecoach and Arriva running very similar routes. Prices are the same as in this situation. The 47 and X2 are hardly in a war are they?

Arriva are offering cheaper fares which regardless of what other say, is clearly due to competition. Just because the fares are cheaper, they are still more expensive than Stagecoach. Stagecoach have timed the X5 so it is in the X1 gaps so it isn't like Stagecoach are going to get passing trade. Stagecoach are also behind almost every bus in Widnes (in that the Arriva or Halton buses to Ditton and Halton View all leave a few minutes before the Stagecoach X5). It is well known that Stagecoach want to buy Halton so this route will not only be wanting a piece of the piece of the X1 pie but also a case of testing the waters with Halton Transport. Combine all of this with the fact Speke is a very profitable area, the X5 is the best way to serve Speke without going right in where Arriva have let's face it, flooded the area.

There are numerous reasons why Stagecoach would want to start the X5. A bus war certainly isn't one of them.

RE: Halton Transport - johnluke - 25/08/2018 19:29

If halton transport went up for sale would anybody have an idea of the sale price? John many thanks