Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 03/08/2018 21:56

Has anyone heard the rumour that Arriva are buying out Halton Transport?

RE: Halton Transport - mr t - 03/08/2018 22:17

There is one every month isnt there

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 03/08/2018 22:49

Normally I wouldn’t listen to gossip but a number of Arriva drivers have mentioned it and even a taxi driver on Tuesday told me he had heard the same...

RE: Halton Transport - mr t - 03/08/2018 22:53

(03/08/2018 22:49)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Normally I wouldn’t listen to gossip but a number of Arriva drivers have mentioned it and even a taxi driver on Tuesday told me he had heard the same...

Oooooo Who knows then.
But when it was discussed before the issue of CMA kept coming up if Arriva were to ho ahead with Halton, they would run like 98% of Halton.
Stagecoach would be the better fit if they wanted to sell

RE: Halton Transport - MTL0201 - 04/08/2018 00:12

Would Arriva even be allowed to buy Halton considering Arriva would be the dominant operator, in the area, would have thought the MMC would certainly have a say if that happens?

RE: Halton Transport - Mayneway - 04/08/2018 05:16

Can't honestly seeing Arriva being interested they don't exactly take a vested interest in buying competitors out. Stagecoach is a different story but I would think it's just rumours.

RE: Halton Transport - Metroline1511 - 04/08/2018 05:35

Given that Rotala have raised some funds for expansion, and will gain a small inheritance for selling the rump of Wessex to Stagecoach, I think they could be frontrunners to take over Halton.

I think RATP - Selwyns could be interested too.

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 04/08/2018 05:41

This has been going around for years (I remember hearing about this when I first started spotting!). As it's one of the few Council owned operators left a lot of people seem to think it's only a matter of time until its sold. Arriva can't buy it due to CC rules.

RE: Halton Transport - MPTE1955 - 04/08/2018 06:21

Arriva couldn't get away with it, Stagecoach will be the likely ones if it ever happens. The thing that may push Halton into selling is the need for a fleet upgrade with a lot of the fleet getting old by todays standards.

RE: Halton Transport - EDB325 - 04/08/2018 06:52

I commented recently that Arriva aren't investing in new vehicles this year due to Brexit uncertainty, so buying another operator is a highly unlikely scenario.