Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - motormayhem1 - 12/03/2016 09:10

Its most probally to help punctuality between runcorn and hough green as its normally betwwen hough green and liverpool they tend to lose time in peak hour traffic.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 12/03/2016 09:32

(12/03/2016 09:10)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Its most probally to help punctuality between runcorn and hough green as its normally betwwen hough green and liverpool they tend to lose time in peak hour traffic.

Hmm, I'm not convinced because the solution then would be to allow a bit more running time (or even put on extra drivers/vehicles if they have can spare the extra resources), rather than cut the frequency of the extension to Liverpool in half during the full day, including on Saturdays.

RE: Halton Transport - mr t - 12/03/2016 10:33

I was thinking it might be due to Runcorn bridge situation, just like Halton did with their 61s and 14s last year actually, to improve punctuality in the Halton area, drop some Liverpool end journeys.
Sure I read somewhere last week that 2 roundabouts near the bridge are closing from next week until the bridge opens next year, so I wouldnt be surprised if it is something to do with that. I have lost count how many times I have seen 2 79Cs behind each other over the last few months, the punctuality for the route is absolutely chronic during the day, so rather than add more buses again which costs money and needs more drivers, lengthen the journey time and drop the frequency. The problem with the bridge and surrounding areas is it is so unpredictable even without roadworks. Would love to see how the X1 gets around the roadworks and keeps to timetable!

RE: Halton Transport - telf23 - 12/03/2016 14:58

I don't think the X1 will have an issue with keeping to timetable. They're closing the flyover over Ditton roundabout, but it's literally down and up, accross the soon to be closed roundabout. It might be a bit busier at peak times, but it's essentially 2 lanes of traffic using a different 2 lanes.

I can't see how any of the bridge works are effecting the 14/79 though as the works aren't anywhere near their routes. It will be next year when the existing bridge is closed that EVERY service will have to alter.

Personally, I think all services around Halton, whether it's HT or Arriva, are quite poor. You see a lot of services run dead and other services packed to the brim, and some services struggling to stick to timetable altogether. A lot of work needs to be done to optimise travel in the area, and all of the roadworks aren't helping too!

RE: Halton Transport - wirralbus - 12/03/2016 15:24

The problem with time keeping on the X1 will be it will take that bit longer as all traffic will be using the roundabout junction , then in the peak hour it has the potential for gridlock for the first few days until people travelling to and from work find there own solutions .

This set of roadworks has the potential to be gruesome for any service that has to operate in the Widnes and Runcorn area , remember any disruption on the bridge also could further cause problems . Its a case of watch this space .

RE: Halton Transport - telf23 - 12/03/2016 19:04

(12/03/2016 15:24)wirralbus Wrote:  The problem with time keeping on the X1 will be it will take that bit longer as all traffic will be using the roundabout junction , then in the peak hour it has the potential for gridlock for the first few days until people travelling to and from work find there own solutions .

This set of roadworks has the potential to be gruesome for any service that has to operate in the Widnes and Runcorn area , remember any disruption on the bridge also could further cause problems . Its a case of watch this space .

The roundabout itself will be closed though so it should literally be straight down and straight up, as there will be no traffic to their right to give way to. As you say though, watch this space!

RE: Halton Transport - wirralbus - 12/03/2016 21:25

Looking at the Mersey Gateway website the roundabout is still in operation , there is no mention of Ditton Road or Moor Lane being closed off , closing these roads also will cause undue further problems to the road network in Widnes.

RE: Halton Transport - telf23 - 15/03/2016 09:36

Do HT do private hire? Just seen 2 ELC's and 2 MCV outside Victoria road school in runcorn

RE: Halton Transport - RedPanda - 15/03/2016 11:29

(15/03/2016 09:36)telf23 Wrote:  Do HT do private hire? Just seen 2 ELC's and 2 MCV outside Victoria road school in runcorn

School buses yes they do but if its a contract between the operator and the school or the council/pte I'm not sure

RE: Halton Transport - telf23 - 15/03/2016 18:09

Seen an ELC earlier with some new livery. The back looks nice all in red