Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 21/07/2012 22:10

Most probably mate. I just have to question their tactic of having links to The Hive running all day every day, are that many people really willing to go there to benefit from the service while earning Halton a pretty penny?
During the summer, yes, I can see the point of all day everyday, but after everyone goes back to school and college, who is going to be around to use the service during the week? Everyone would be in work or school.
Wonder how they'll deal with the problem of Powerblinds as well. None of the Marshalls will have The Hive on for obvious reasons, fingers crossed they actually add something to the blind rather than making do with the ones they've got or improvising with a bit of paper in the window?
We'll see though, we'll see!

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 22/07/2012 21:01

RIP 14c http://www.flickr.com/photos/iaincarson/7624677096/in/photostream

I agree that the 13a struggles: didn't see one passenger today, and from what I've seen of the service, this is quite usual.
I had no idea that it ran so often on a Sunday: from memory I think it's every 20, with 8 minutes to go around the Waterfront area, and 12 to go to Vicarage Road and back (as timed from Green Oaks).

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 22/07/2012 21:12

Crap, I didnt realise today was its last day. Too late for me to go out and get pictures now, just my luck!
Didn't realise the changes were so soon, I must try and get some pictures of all the services up for change, particularly the 12!

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 22/07/2012 21:30

(22/07/2012 21:12)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Crap, I didnt realise today was its last day. Too late for me to go out and get pictures now, just my luck!
Didn't realise the changes were so soon, I must try and get some pictures of all the services up for change, particularly the 12!

I'll be walking to Widnes again some time this week to get one of the 12!
I think the only other one to get a photo of is a 14 with 'West Bank' on the display, am I right?

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 22/07/2012 21:48

I think you are mate!
I am out anyway tomorrow so I may have a very early start and get some pictures of services before heading to Runcorn!
Nice busy day planned for me by the looks of things!

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 22/07/2012 21:55

Just had a look at the timetables, and I think they might be okay to leave The Hive off the blinds.
It's a bit risky, but so long as they don't go on evening or Sunday 14a or Sunday 12a journeys which terminate there, it should be okay.

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 22/07/2012 22:15

We'll see, Marshalls do tend to operate on Sundays sometimes.
See, they may be able to get away with it IF the allocator thinks about things carefully but at the end of the day, its an inevitability that one day, it is going to be physically impossible to keep a blinded vehicle off a journey that operates to The Hive, whether it is how they parked, or what vehicles are off the road. We'll see how it works out though!

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 27/07/2012 17:28

How many routes do Halton operate? does anyone know if the are looking to recruit?

RE: Halton Transport - alfie162 - 27/07/2012 20:28

(27/07/2012 17:28)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  How many routes do Halton operate? does anyone know if the are looking to recruit?

have a look on the halton web site and they are not recruiting !!

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 30/07/2012 21:41

Credit to Halton Council site that the 26 saturday service is withdrawn from 2/9/2012.