Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - SK15 GZG - 01/02/2016 17:07

(01/02/2016 16:44)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Agree totally with the above. Passengers don't seem to realise that it's not easy to just stop when driving a ten tonne vehicle and when approaching lights I always ease off the accelerator but as said above you get to the point of no return when it's safer to actually go through than slam on and cause injuries to passengers being thrown forward. It's even more apparent during wet conditions..

I agree with it as well

It's the same when driving a car or any other vehicle - if the traffic lights are changing and the vehicle behind you is too close then it is far safer to go through than brake to stop for the lights. Something similar happened to a friend I was travelling with recently when the driver in front slammed on their brakes at a pedestrian crossing (actually stopping on the crossing) - when it was safer to go ahead - especially as nobody was actually at the crossing. We had to swerve around them into the next lane (which was fortunately empty) to avoid an accident

RE: Halton Transport - Mayneway - 01/02/2016 17:55

I'm not just a moaning passenger with nothing better to do. I've driven for over 10 years with no points or convictions and in a previous career I drove for a living but I speak as I find and yes of course there are some fantastic professional drivers who drive to an exceptional standard and of course when I have a bus full of passengers to take care of and you have to watch what's going on on the road all around you it's difficult and some time stopping isn't an option BUT there are some very very sloppy drivers out there that Unfortanatly drive buses and HGV's and cars. I carnt comment on drivers on Merseyside but there has been several occasions where I have been left speechless by the actions of the driver of the bus I as travelling on - and not in a good way.

I'll never forgot the time I boarded a stagecoach bus and asked for a megarider. He whipped the money off me closed the doors and set off then using his left knee to keep the steering wheel steady he produced my mega rider using both hands while the bus was moving at speed. Now is that quality driving?

U can go on but I'm making the point not every bus driver drives to a good standard!

RE: Halton Transport - RedPanda - 01/02/2016 21:12

(01/02/2016 17:55)Mayneway Wrote:  I'm not just a moaning passenger with nothing better to do. I've driven for over 10 years with no points or convictions and in a previous career I drove for a living but I speak as I find and yes of course there are some fantastic professional drivers who drive to an exceptional standard and of course when I have a bus full of passengers to take care of and you have to watch what's going on on the road all around you it's difficult and some time stopping isn't an option BUT there are some very very sloppy drivers out there that Unfortanatly drive buses and HGV's and cars. I carnt comment on drivers on Merseyside but there has been several occasions where I have been left speechless by the actions of the driver of the bus I as travelling on - and not in a good way.

I'll never forgot the time I boarded a stagecoach bus and asked for a megarider. He whipped the money off me closed the doors and set off then using his left knee to keep the steering wheel steady he produced my mega rider using both hands while the bus was moving at speed. Now is that quality driving?

U can go on but I'm making the point not every bus driver drives to a good standard!

Another one is when passengers stand when the bell is pressed. I've noticed some independent operators in Merseyside displaying signs on saying the have cameras on their buses and they talk about fale claims such as whiplash. Those passengers on those buses seem to stay sat down until the bus has actually stopped.

I always see that the two big operators Arriva and Stagecoach's passengers along with Halton and WBT dispaying signs to stay seated until the bus has stopped but they can drive past the bus stop when the bell has been pressed. I know that theres faults but if you think of the elderly or frail they are extremely vulnerable to falls. If they fell, who's fault is that?

RE: Halton Transport - Mayneway - 02/02/2016 00:50

(01/02/2016 21:12)RedPanda Wrote:  Another one is when passengers stand when the bell is pressed. I've noticed some independent operators in Merseyside displaying signs on saying the have cameras on their buses and they talk about fale claims such as whiplash. Those passengers on those buses seem to stay sat down until the bus has actually stopped.

I always see that the two big operators Arriva and Stagecoach's passengers along with Halton and WBT dispaying signs to stay seated until the bus has stopped but they can drive past the bus stop when the bell has been pressed. I know that theres faults but if you think of the elderly or frail they are extremely vulnerable to falls. If they fell, who's fault is that?

Again though I see it time and time again where an elderly person will press the bell but remain seated, as the driver approaches the stop they will check the mirror, see nobody stood there and just carry on.

RE: Halton Transport - RedPanda - 02/02/2016 05:42

(02/02/2016 00:50)Mayneway Wrote:  Again though I see it time and time again where an elderly person will press the bell but remain seated, as the driver approaches the stop they will check the mirror, see nobody stood there and just carry on.

Exactly sometimes they'll shout to the driver and they'll pull over wherever is safe or pull over at the next stop. I've never seen a person who stuggles/doesn't speak stay on the bus until the next person stops it either on the bus or hailing it.
Those who don't speak I mean who can't or choose not to for whatever reason. I'm not including those with headphones in with their music that's blurring out or teenagers that grunt.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 02/02/2016 21:08

(02/02/2016 05:42)RedPanda Wrote:  Exactly sometimes they'll shout to the driver and they'll pull over wherever is safe or pull over at the next stop. I've never seen a person who stuggles/doesn't speak stay on the bus until the next person stops it either on the bus or hailing it.
Those who don't speak I mean who can't or choose not to for whatever reason. I'm not including those with headphones in with their music that's blurring out or teenagers that grunt.

It's very true that some drivers have little regard for elderly people or people on sticks, but don't forget that there are some excellent and courteous drivers out there who will always go the extra mile to ensure a good standard of passenger comfort is met.

Anyway, lets leave this one here and get back on to Halton, we've drifted way off topic Laugh

RE: Halton Transport - telf23 - 24/02/2016 19:21

I've been seeing the omnicities on the 61A quite a bit recently, and then other buses being used on the 14A, mainly the elc's

RE: Halton Transport - Quackdave - 25/02/2016 19:20

47 is now back on the road, on the 61 today. I'm fairly sure that it's also in the revised livery, as although I only caught a brief glimpse of the rear end in the dark, the rear end appeared completely red and the cant rail mostly cream.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 28/02/2016 13:14

(25/02/2016 19:20)Quackdave Wrote:  47 is now back on the road, on the 61 today. I'm fairly sure that it's also in the revised livery, as although I only caught a brief glimpse of the rear end in the dark, the rear end appeared completely red and the cant rail mostly cream.

It has in fact been repainted and is looking quite smart. An Evolution also appears to have been done, seen parked up in the shed.

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 29/02/2016 00:54

There was a Marshall on the 14A today, Did not catch the Fleetnumber but it was an 02 Reg example, I assume this was a very rare sighting?