Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - Mayneway - 29/11/2015 18:34

(29/11/2015 18:13)Lynx Wrote:  Since Jan 2013 and they where 13 years old then. There really starting to show there age now and are way past there use by date.

So two years then. I suppose if they paid a good price for them then they would say they got there moneys worth out of them but if I remember rightly they were passed thier best at Blackpool.

Halton don't have anything 'green' in their fleet so I wonder of they might consider hybrids, possibly solos or Versa's perhaps?? Although given thier recent acquisitions i reckon they will go for younger second hand Solo's possibly 08/09 reg.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 29/11/2015 18:40

I know that Halton isn't doing badly at the moment, but we probably ought to be realistic ...
They're not going to purchase lots of new 'all singing all dancing' hybrid vehicles with leather seats any time soon, I don't think.
In my opinion, their next purchases are much more likely to be a relatively small batch of second hand vehicles, which wouldn't require taking out a huge loan.

A few 08/09 reg Solos to replace the current Solos might be about right Smile

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 29/11/2015 19:07

(29/11/2015 18:34)Mayneway Wrote:  So two years then. I suppose if they paid a good price for them then they would say they got there moneys worth out of them but if I remember rightly they were passed thier best at Blackpool.

Halton don't have anything 'green' in their fleet so I wonder of they might consider hybrids, possibly solos or Versa's perhaps?? Although given thier recent acquisitions i reckon they will go for younger second hand Solo's possibly 08/09 reg.
You'd be more likely to expect Dennis Dart MPD's.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 29/11/2015 21:11

It's interesting that Network Warrington always buy new vehicles (apart from Deckers) whilst Halton tend to be buying older, second hand vehicles..

RE: Halton Transport - T42 PVM - 29/11/2015 21:25

(29/11/2015 21:11)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  It's interesting that Network Warrington always buy new vehicles (apart from Deckers) whilst Halton tend to be buying older, second hand vehicles..

And would you look at where its Got Network Warrington, Having to be bailed out by the Council and charging rip off fares.... Buying 2nd hand can be the best thing to do sometimes

RE: Halton Transport - Mayneway - 29/11/2015 21:38

(29/11/2015 21:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  And would you look at where its Got Network Warrington, Having to be bailed out by the Council and charging rip off fares.... Buying 2nd hand can be the best thing to do sometimes

Couldn't have put it better

RE: Halton Transport - motormayhem1 - 29/11/2015 21:41

When looking at buying veichles you budget for what you can afford and sometimes buying second hand and spending a few ££££ on them to refurb and maintain the engine can get you 3-4 veichles to what you would pay for 1 brand new veichles but then a new veichle comes with warranty etc so you have to weigh up the pros and cons of both prospects and choose which suits you the best and if halton are happy with buying second hand veichles and keeps there books where they want them as there not in the same boat as network warrington having to borrow money to keep them going.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 29/11/2015 22:14

I'd look at it in the sense that for £30,000 you'll get a 08 plate solo that you will get 8 or so years out of or for £4,500 a 53 plate MPD that has about 4 years left, and once that's finished you just go out and buy a 57 plate 8.8m enviro for £7,000 and get another 4 years. Makes much more business sent when its thought of in literal sense.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 30/11/2015 06:31

I think that the level of investment will match the intended use.
As far as we can gather, Solos were bought as a bit of an 'experiment' by Halton last time around and, having proved successful on the 2/26/26A, Halton is likely to go for something similar again, though maybe step up the level of investment slightly (though probably not to Network Warrington Solo levels!)

The recent acquisitions for the 200 service are only so pitiful because the 200 is not a well patronised service, in my opinion.
There is a world of difference between these vehicles and the ones recently bought for the 14's, because that corridor is much more worth investing in.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 30/11/2015 08:41

Yeah I agree with the majority of what is said. As a NW Driver I actually feel pretty fortunate to be driving the standard of vehicles I do everyday. Have to give NW credit the interiors of the buses including the cab are always spotless clean and puts the company in good image..