Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - alfie162 - 18/07/2012 19:06

(18/07/2012 12:59)DVL418 Wrote:  
(09/07/2012 19:11)alfie162 Wrote:  there will be a mercedes demo (mini bus ) here next week for two weeks model unknown will be used on the 26 rte i beleave

Not seen anything yet. Has it been and gone?

i was told it was coming by a union rep so dont know maybe they have changed there mind and are not bothering with it ? who knows....

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 20/07/2012 18:10

The rumors were indeed correct! Details of service alterations below:

From Sunday 29 July 2012

Service 2 will operate with an improved 20 minute service.
Extra morning and afternoon peak hour journeys.
One journey each hour will extend to West Bank to replace the Service 14 journeys that currently operate to West Bank. The afternoon peak hour service to West Bank is improved.

2A
One journey every hour on Service 2 will be diverted to serve the Widnes Waterfront area which is great news for passengers wishing to enjoy the cinema and other attractions at The Hive. On these Service 2A journeys to Widnes it's the same route as now to Green Oaks, then via The Hive, Lugsdale Road (for Tesco) to Vicarage Road, returning via Widnes Road, ASDA, The Hive, Green Oaks and as now.

Monday to Saturday journeys via Hough Green Station (Service 12) are withdrawn.

12A
On Sunday, new Service 12A will operate between The Hive and Coronation Drive & Ditchfield Road, every 30 minutes. The existing hourly Sunday Service 14C via Coronation Drive is replaced by this new, improved service.

Off peak, evening and Sunday journeys will terminate in Queen Square in Liverpool.
Morning and afternoon peak hour journeys will continue to serve Dale Street and Lord St.
The hourly service to West Bank is replaced by an improved Service 2.
Extra journeys in the morning and afternoon peak hours.

14A
Two journeys every hour will be diverted to serve the Widnes Waterfront area, all day, every day, which is great news for passengers wishing to enjoy the cinema and other attractions at The Hive. On Service 14A journeys to Widnes it's the same route as now to Green Oaks, then via The Hive, Lugsdale Road (for Tesco) to Vicarage Road, returning via Widnes Road, ASDA, The Hive, Green Oaks and as now. Most evening journeys will terminate at The Hive.

14C
Sunday Service 14C journeys are withdrawn (Coronation Drive will enjoy an improved 30 minute Service 12A on Sundays). Sunday Service 14 will operate every 30 minutes throughout the day.

Personally I am gutted about the 12 being withdrawn as I do like that, always like a longer ride home sometimes, nearly always has SPDs on it as well!
However from a regular passengers point of view, all other changes are definitely for the better, offering much improved services serving more of Widnes more regularly.
Now then, at face value, it does look like these changes will incur an increased PVR. Thats how it LOOKS to me, maybe someone who can work out these things can possibly work out the overall PVR of things as I am definitely under the illusion that more regular services spanning a wider area will need more vehicles to operate it. Perhaps a reprieve for Darts 71-74? We shall see!
Overall however, well done Halton, it seems you finally have passengers' interests at heart!

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 20/07/2012 19:26

It seems to me that there will be an increase of 1 vehicle on Sundays, to operate the 12a (bit of a silly number!)

As for daytime in the rest of the week, I think there will be a decrease of 1 vehicle.
There is a decrease in frequency to Halebank from every 15 to every 20 (with slightly shorter journeys as well), and the frequency to West Bank is being maintained.
I think that the hourly extension on the 2a can be 'built into the timetable' symmetrically with the 2's hourly extension to West Bank, and so won't require an extra vehicle.

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 20/07/2012 19:29

Thanks for that mate, wasn't certain how it would affect PVRs, first impressions were that it would be an increase, however I'm useless at actually calculating it!
As I say its all good really for passengers, bit gutted about the 12 going to a Sunday only service, but thats just personal preference!

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 20/07/2012 19:37

Wait!
In the above, I forgot to account for a decrease in number of vehicles on the 14 (now 14a) on Sundays!
There will be just 4 vehicles on there.

By the way, the description of the 14a seems a bit misleading; it's peak, evenings and Sundays only.

From the updated route map (http://home.btconnect.com/haltontransport/map_120729.pdf), the 12a will be doing a clockwise loop.
Perhaps for four reasons (posterity given the 14c, circular, clockwise and Coronation drive), 2c would be more appropriate, but hey.

RE: Halton Transport - Valandil - 20/07/2012 19:54

Sorry, please ignore most of what I have said!
The description of the 14a is valid.
I was going off the Merseytravel timetable, which doesn't include journeys that don't enter Merseyside.
It's only Halton's timetable, available on their website, which gives the complete picture.

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 20/07/2012 20:20

No worries mate :P
I think 2A is just to save confusion, not all passengers would share your logic for 2C standing for circular or whatever, and may confuse them into perhaps thinking there is some sort of 2A and 2B that they don't know about :P

RE: Halton Transport - ex d.river - 21/07/2012 21:59

was on the 13a round the hive tonight accoring to the driver we have been the only paying passengers all week .... that is the p.m runs ( Hive to Vicaridge Rd)

RE: Halton Transport - K853 MTJ - 21/07/2012 22:00

Wouldn't surprise me if it was withdrawn once Halton send services down there!

RE: Halton Transport - The H man - 21/07/2012 22:02

(21/07/2012 22:00)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Wouldn't surprise me if it was withdrawn once Halton send services down there!

this is probably haltons tactic, to get a deminimus subsidy from hbc without the need to tender