Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - PO59 MXJ - 08/10/2015 17:11

Drivers never seem to sound their horns before reversing in Warrington bus station. If this happened then it could prevent near misses and collisions. Not a problem in any other bus station and when reversing buses off the pits in garages.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 08/10/2015 20:06

If drivers all sounded their horns when reversing in Warrington Bus Station then the constant noise would be horrific...it's an extremely busy place.

RE: Halton Transport - trixmax2000 - 08/10/2015 20:20

Passed to depot yesterday and there was a Plaxton Dart in white park in the side yard

RE: Halton Transport - PO59 MXJ - 08/10/2015 22:42

(08/10/2015 20:06)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  If drivers all sounded their horns when reversing in Warrington Bus Station then the constant noise would be horrific...it's an extremely busy place.

So is Preston, the bus station there is much bigger and busier than Warrington but all buses have to sound their horn before reversing (not that all do, but thats on their head then if anything happens). Pretty sure a little toot toot is much better than risking injuries and damaage.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 09/10/2015 15:13

I couldnt see how sounding your horn would make a difference to be honest. If you can see vehicles reversing then tooting your horn before hand would be pointless..

RE: Halton Transport - Quackdave - 11/10/2015 17:06

The white Dart in the Moor Lane yard is KP54 BYN.

This one is a longer Dart, rather than another MPD. (I would guess 10.7m, based on comparing its length to that of the Scania next to which it was parked.)

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 19/10/2015 12:40

#5 has a been involved in a incident at Asda this afternoon. There are no signs of damage and no other vehicles so it looks like someone's gone under unfortunately.

On a lighter note the 10.7m dart has been repainted to match the MPDs

Edit: The earlier incident is now a fatal. My thoughts lie with the family of the boy involved and hope the police can determine the circumstances around the accident.

RE: Halton Transport - motormayhem1 - 19/10/2015 15:57

(19/10/2015 12:40)Lynx Wrote:  #5 has a been involved in a incident at Asda this afternoon. There are no signs of damage and no other vehicles so it looks like someone's gone under unfortunately.

On a lighter note the 10.7m dart has been repainted to match the MPDs

Its in the echo that a male as been hit by the bus and as been took to warrington general with head injuries.
Hope all is ok with him and driver.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 19/10/2015 16:00

(19/10/2015 15:57)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Its in the echo that a male as been hit by the bus and as been took to warrington general with head injuries.
Hope all is ok with him and driver.

Unfortunately it's now become a fatal.

RE: Halton Transport - E400 - 27/10/2015 11:34

One of the new Pointer II's on the 14 yesterday - looks great in Halton livery!

What's been going on with the usual 14 vehicles these past couple of weeks? I've seen more Myllenniums, Marshall Darts, Enviro200's and Solo's on there lately than I've seen Omnicities