Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - Quackdave - 28/09/2015 18:10

Scania 82 is now back from refurbishment and repainted in fleet livery, seen on 14A today.

By my reckoning that leaves 88, 89 and 90 to be done. I'm guessing one of them is likely to have been dropped off when 82 was collected, though if so, I have no idea which one.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 28/09/2015 19:08

(28/09/2015 18:10)Quackdave Wrote:  Scania 82 is now back from refurbishment and repainted in fleet livery, seen on 14A today.

By my reckoning that leaves 88, 89 and 90 to be done. I'm guessing one of them is likely to have been dropped off when 82 was collected, though if so, I have no idea which one.

Won't be 90 as that was on the 62 today, and I think I clocked 89 whilst passing through Murdishaw. So probably 88.

RE: Halton Transport - Quackdave - 29/09/2015 18:18

Not 88 either, as that was on 14s today. So looks like they haven't sent the next one yet.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 30/09/2015 15:06

(29/09/2015 18:18)Quackdave Wrote:  Not 88 either, as that was on 14s today. So looks like they haven't sent the next one yet.

Just thinking they might have sent 15, its the only Enviro still not done.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 03/10/2015 19:39

93 is back in service after its rtc a few months back.

Had a go on 18 today. It's quite a poor example although not the worst dart I've ever been on. Its a bit of a shed inside however.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 05/10/2015 13:03

There is a white plaxton pointer in the yard on Moor Lane. Seen from a distance so couldn't identify it, couldn't see the skirt to identify if it was another albellio one but it looks like there's more darts.

RE: Halton Transport - Raawwwrrr! - 05/10/2015 18:59

(05/10/2015 13:03)Lynx Wrote:  There is a white plaxton pointer in the yard on Moor Lane. Seen from a distance so couldn't identify it, couldn't see the skirt to identify if it was another albellio one but it looks like there's more darts.

It's likely that they will be replacing the V reg Optare Solo's so that they can be used on Merseytravel Contract Services such as the 211.

An interesting thing to note would be any future guidelines on Halton Council supported services now that Merseytravelhave/are in the process of taking over.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 06/10/2015 08:10

Another collision at Warrington Bus Station yesterday involving a Halton Transport bus. Second one in just a few weeks. It involves Halton reversing from the bay and instead of going back in a straight line, they always like to turn across the bays. Yesterday, one of them struck one of the Network Warrington buses.

Surely management need to get word out on the procedures when reversing at Warrington Bus Station as it happens all the time.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 06/10/2015 21:02

(06/10/2015 08:10)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Another collision at Warrington Bus Station yesterday involving a Halton Transport bus. Second one in just a few weeks. It involves Halton reversing from the bay and instead of going back in a straight line, they always like to turn across the bays. Yesterday, one of them struck one of the Network Warrington buses.

Surely management need to get word out on the procedures when reversing at Warrington Bus Station as it happens all the time.

To be fair I wouldn't say it was just Halton that cause problems at the bus station. I've seen GHA and Arriva do the same thing, having witnessed a GHA Renown colliding with a NW vehicle on one occasion. I've also been on a NW bus in the past that reversed out at a totally ridiculous speed only just avoiding a Fairbrothers bus by millimetres, trust me that one would have been very nasty if they had collided.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 07/10/2015 15:06

Yep Arriva and GHA are just as bad...there is absolutely NO need to cross into the other bays when reversing.