Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Halton Transport - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Halton Transport (/showthread.php?tid=10)

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 04/09/2015 11:00

Halton have a Plaxton Pointer 2 dart, partial registration KV03. It was on the 200 before, I was on a passing 62, totally caught me off guard. It's in the new livery similar to the Scanians. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

RE: Halton Transport - RSTurbo50 - 04/09/2015 16:52

That's very interesting. I wonder if they have purchased a couple and where from?

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 04/09/2015 17:45

(04/09/2015 16:52)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  That's very interesting. I wonder if they have purchased a couple and where from?

Indeed it is, I've had no luck so far trying to track down where they might have came from. Putting two and two together the disappearance of the 2 fiat minibuses is starting to make sense, I'd imagine that 2 or 3 have been bought for use on the 200. I would have thought they would be MPDs but I got about a 5 second glance and was to stunned to notice. They looked very smart though! xD

Edit: It appears that it could be 2 MPDs from Abellio in Surrey according to someone down there.

RE: Halton Transport - Neoplan N4009 - 04/09/2015 23:44

(24/08/2015 10:34)Lynx Wrote:  Might be worth noting, just seen a ELC going down Liverpool Rd about 5 minutes ago spluttering out noxious black fumes from its exhaust, thought it was on fire at first.

I am wondering if this is Halton ELC 51. I remember whilst going to work seeing an ELC with billowing black smoke from the exhaust, probably be an EGR adblue problem you'd imagine with most Halton vehicles being fitted with some sort of emission system.. Did strike me as a surprise to see the smoke but I am
Sure it may have been an 05 registered ELC Myllennium example

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 04/09/2015 23:58

(04/09/2015 23:44)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  I am wondering if this is Halton ELC 51. I remember whilst going to work seeing an ELC with billowing black smoke from the exhaust, probably be an EGR adblue problem you'd imagine with most Halton vehicles being fitted with some sort of emission system.. Did strike me as a surprise to see the smoke but I am
Sure it may have been an 05 registered ELC Myllennium example

I didn't catch a number but if memory serves me correctly it was a 05 plate. 52 consistently has a black stain on its engine cover as if it's been stained by thick black emissions, and those who have sat towards the back near the engine will understand what I mean when I say 52 can only be described as a furnace.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 10/09/2015 18:19

One of the Pointers has registration KV03 ZFX and was new to Abellio in Surrey and is infact a MPD.

80 has been refurbed to a much nicer standard than the other omnicitys with replaced silver seat backs and repainted silver grab rails and improved LED lighting at the front. Makes it look quite striking inside and is a notable improvement on the others.

and finally...

There was delays of over 2 hours on the 62 this afternoon after a building collapsed in Walton. 62s where diverting back up Chester road and through Widnes before completing its normal run through Runcorn but finished short at Greenoaks. Drivers managed to hold it together quite well and made sure everyone still got where they needed to be, so well very well done Halton!

RE: Halton Transport - Quackdave - 12/09/2015 20:01

(10/09/2015 18:19)Lynx Wrote:  One of the Pointers has registration KV03 ZFX and was new to Abellio in Surrey and is infact a MPD.

And the other one appears to be KV03 ZFP.

I'd hoped one of them might be out on the 211 today, but it was Solo 58. (Incidentally this particular Solo, along with ten Marshall Darts, was declared SORN during August, but all of them with the exception of 21 have been re-taxed for September.)

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 13/09/2015 11:23

(12/09/2015 20:01)Quackdave Wrote:  And the other one appears to be KV03 ZFP.

I'd hoped one of them might be out on the 211 today, but it was Solo 58. (Incidentally this particular Solo, along with ten Marshall Darts, was declared SORN during August, but all of them with the exception of 21 have been re-taxed for September.)

Wish they hadn't bothered, 58 is a shed. Glad 20 is staying on.

RE: Halton Transport - Lynx - 14/09/2015 13:43

Fleet numbers for both MPDs are 17 and 18

RE: Halton Transport - 507022 - 14/09/2015 14:44

#18 (KV03 ZFX) was on the 14 earlier this afternoon, seen leaving Queen Square