Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Bus Depot Canteen (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Random and Off-Topic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Pages: 1 2

Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - buses7675 - 31/05/2012 20:53

Hi All,

Welcome back to the forum ans please accept our apologies for the recent problems.

It isn't entirely clear what caused the issue, hackers is possible or the recent server troubles had messed something up in the database but the original database for myBB was corrupted beyond repair so sadly, we have to start again.

Backups were kept by the hosts (for me to download them every few days would never work, they were well over 200MB apparently) however these have seemed to be unavailable or also corrupted, but that is another issue.

Due to this all the old threads and member details have gone so you will need to re-register if you wish to still use the forum. A set of guidelines for members will be published shortly which all members posting on the site MUST adhere too.

The full template and general feel of the forum will be restored within the coming days!

Thanks again

buses7675

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - SNL 824 - 31/05/2012 21:12

(31/05/2012 20:53)buses7675 Wrote:  Hi All,

Welcome back to the forum ans please accept our apologies for the recent problems.

It isn't entirely clear what caused the issue, hackers is possible or the recent server troubles had messed something up in the database but the original database for myBB was corrupted beyond repair so sadly, we have to start again.

Backups were kept by the hosts (for me to download them every few days would never work, they were well over 200MB apparently) however these have seemed to be unavailable or also corrupted, but that is another issue.

Due to this all the old threads and member details have gone so you will need to re-register if you wish to still use the forum. A set of guidelines for members will be published shortly which all members posting on the site MUST adhere too.

The full template and general feel of the forum will be restored within the coming days!

Thanks again

buses7675

thanks for getting things back and up and running - real shame about the database

(31/05/2012 20:53)buses7675 Wrote:  Hi All,

Thanks again

buses7675

thanks for getting things back and up and running - real shame about the database

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - First Class - 01/06/2012 00:11

It is very, very unfourtunate that so much appears to be lost.

The host hasn't been particularly reliable of late.

As for hackers, really??

No doubt the forum will be back up and to full strength soon Big Grin

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - R557 ABA - 01/06/2012 01:42

Great to see the forum back up and running again, not all a total loss at the end of the day (yes maybe of the data), like Merseyrail says I'm sure the Forum will be running at full capacity once again very soon indeed.

I feel I'm being really picky when I don't mean to be, but I've noted the small 100x100 avatar size and the 250 character limit on the signature, will these be increased when you have the time to modify them, or are they part of the new rules?

Appreciate all your hard work guys!

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - First Class - 01/06/2012 02:02

(01/06/2012 01:42)R557 ABA Wrote:  Great to see the forum back up and running again, not all a total loss at the end of the day (yes maybe of the data), like Merseyrail says I'm sure the Forum will be running at full capacity once again very soon indeed.

I feel I'm being really picky when I don't mean to be, but I've noted the small 100x100 avatar size and the 250 character limit on the signature, will these be increased when you have the time to modify them, or are they part of the new rules?

Appreciate all your hard work guys!

I personally think the limits are acceptable. The more text/graphics you have, the more pressure it puts on the server/bandwith.

Going by recent events, then "basic" things like avatars should be one of the first things to go!

My signature logo is hosted remotely and linked to...

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - M113 YKC - 01/06/2012 09:27

(01/06/2012 01:42)R557 ABA Wrote:  I feel I'm being really picky when I don't mean to be, but I've noted the small 100x100 avatar size and the 250 character limit on the signature, will these be increased when you have the time to modify them, or are they part of the new rules?
I've already enquired about the signature issue and that should be sorted within the next day or two! Blush

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - buses7675 - 01/06/2012 13:35

Hi All,

Thanks for your good messages of support. As I say it isn't an ideal situation by any means however it does at least give us a fresh start so some of the problems that we had previously are now gone, however of course, much of the good posts and work put in by others is gone too.

27701 is correct, the situation regarding signatures (as well as other settings such as PM limits etc etc) will be sorted over the next few days as everything is back now on default settings again. I've just uploaded the proper template again so it is beginning to look a bit more as it should do though there is still plenty to do!

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - St Helens Rider - 01/06/2012 15:35

Great to have the site back. I have just updated the VOSa and Blackpool Tramway threads with some of the happenings whilst the site has been away.

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - W179 SCU - 01/06/2012 17:04

Good to have the site back! I have updated the site with some Go North East news.

RE: Welcome back to the Merseyside Dennis Dart Website Forum - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012 17:38

Glad to have the forum back again. Thanks to the admin team for keeping us in the know.