Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
London Bus Scene - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Bus Scene: Elsewhere (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: London Bus Scene (/showthread.php?tid=25)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: London Bus Scene - mbonwick - 05/08/2012 19:42

(05/08/2012 19:06)dave4jackie Wrote:  saw borismaster LT6 heading north on m6 near jct 20 no idea where it was going to

Heysham for the ferry back to Ballymena for modifications at Wrightbus I imagine.

RE: London Bus Scene - W179 SCU - 27/08/2012 20:16

Hi - I am visiting London soon - I am staying in Feltham, and am wondering if anyone can give me any help about buses there, and good places to visit for the underground trains/buses?

RE: London Bus Scene - Metroline1511 - 27/08/2012 22:19

Feltham is mainly served by London United and Abellio. A few Abellio buses on route 490 will be 12-reg dual-door Enviro 200s. Also, some H25s could be Caetanos, which are not very commonplace on the national scene. Also, Metroline route 90 has MAN-MCV Evolutions. In nearby Hounslow, London United have quite an exotic fleet including new 12-reg Enviro 400s, Scania OmniCity double-deckers, and Tempo and Citaro single-deckers (on routes H37 and 203 respectively).

Talking of Caetanos, First London operate some on route U3 at nearby Heathrow Airport. You can reach Heathrow from Feltham on London United's Enviro 200s on route 285. Heathrow Terminal 5 is incidentally the most modern Underground station! Fellow RATP subsidiary Quality Line introduced some Citaros on route X26 earlier this year. This route just by-passes Feltham between Heathrow and Kingston. (Route 285 also goea to Kingston by the way).

One word of caution is that TfL Travelcards are not valid on Heathrow Express, nor Heathrow Connect between Heathrow and Hayes & Harlington.

You might also like Richmond, as it is served by the District Line, and London Overground to Stratford via Willesden Junction, West Hampstead and Highbury & Islington.

If you want any other suggestions W179 please feel free to ask!

RE: London Bus Scene - W179 SCU - 28/08/2012 07:20

(27/08/2012 22:19)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Feltham is mainly served by London United and Abellio. A few Abellio buses on route 490 will be 12-reg dual-door Enviro 200s. Also, some H25s could be Caetanos, which are not very commonplace on the national scene. Also, Metroline route 90 has MAN-MCV Evolutions. In nearby Hounslow, London United have quite an exotic fleet including new 12-reg Enviro 400s, Scania OmniCity double-deckers, and Tempo and Citaro single-deckers (on routes H37 and 203 respectively).

Talking of Caetanos, First London operate some on route U3 at nearby Heathrow Airport. You can reach Heathrow from Feltham on London United's Enviro 200s on route 285. Heathrow Terminal 5 is incidentally the most modern Underground station! Fellow RATP subsidiary Quality Line introduced some Citaros on route X26 earlier this year. This route just by-passes Feltham between Heathrow and Kingston. (Route 285 also goea to Kingston by the way).

One word of caution is that TfL Travelcards are not valid on Heathrow Express, nor Heathrow Connect between Heathrow and Hayes & Harlington.

You might also like Richmond, as it is served by the District Line, and London Overground to Stratford via Willesden Junction, West Hampstead and Highbury & Islington.

If you want any other suggestions W179 please feel free to ask!

Ok - Cheers mate!

RE: London Bus Scene - Metroline1511 - 29/12/2012 22:00

It has already been announced that around 30 LTs are to convert a full route around April next year. It cannot be route 38 as this needs many more buses than that. It has been rumoured (on Digital Spy of all places) that these will be for route 11.

Metroline have just withdrawn some TPLs from W just after starting to withdraw VPLs. I guess that both types will be withdrawn (apart from VPL629-37) as Metroline find convenient. It might not be long before Metroline Enviro 400s and Geminis (diesel and hybrid) outnumber Tridents and Volvo B7TLs!

The Hybrid double-deckers for route 13 will be the first such examples for London Sovereign.

RE: London Bus Scene - Southernsofty - 31/12/2012 15:02

(27/08/2012 20:16)W179 SCU Wrote:  Hi - I am visiting London soon - I am staying in Feltham, and am wondering if anyone can give me any help about buses there, and good places to visit for the underground trains/buses?
HEATHROW Airport is a short bus ride away from Feltham, worth going to both Hatton Cross and the Central bus Station.
Kingstons about 45 mins away by bus, good variety and 2 bus stations.

RE: London Bus Scene - Penny Return - 16/02/2013 07:53

Had a ride on one of those newies with the stairs at the back on the 38 recently
very impressed,was wondering how it works with the second man does he share the
driving or just guard the back

RE: London Bus Scene - childwallblues - 17/02/2013 07:13

(29/12/2012 22:00)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It has already been announced that around 30 LTs are to convert a full route around April next year. It cannot be route 38 as this needs many more buses than that. It has been rumoured (on Digital Spy of all places) that these will be for route 11.

Metroline have just withdrawn some TPLs from W just after starting to withdraw VPLs. I guess that both types will be withdrawn (apart from VPL629-37) as Metroline find convenient. It might not be long before Metroline Enviro 400s and Geminis (diesel and hybrid) outnumber Tridents and Volvo B7TLs!

The Hybrid double-deckers for route 13 will be the first such examples for London Sovereign.
Boris Johnson has announced that 30 LTs will go into service on Metrolines route 24 Hampstead Heath-Pimlico around this summer. Hardly a surprising choice seeing that the route goes through Trafalgar Square, Whitehall and Parliament Square!

RE: London Bus Scene - Metroline1511 - 17/02/2013 19:58

(17/02/2013 07:13)childwallblues Wrote:  Boris Johnson has announced that 30 LTs will go into service on Metrolines route 24 Hampstead Heath-Pimlico around this summer. Hardly a surprising choice seeing that the route goes through Trafalgar Square, Whitehall and Parliament Square!

What is surprising about the choice of route 24 is that it does not serve Oxford Street or Piccadilly, and was even converted to opo as early as 1986 (on October 25th, the eve of provincial deregulation in fact). I am going to ride a short-lived VW on route 24 on Easter Monday. For people who find this hard to believe, as LTs are more distinctive, I point out that Easter Monday will be April Fool's Day!Hammer

RE: London Bus Scene - YSV-205 - 28/05/2013 10:59

From a complete novice's point of view. Why do the London buses precede their fleet numbers with letters?